Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

HI everyone! Moving to the USA

HI everyone! Moving to the USA

Old Dec 26th 2011, 2:13 am
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 5
Christine777 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HI everyone! Moving to the USA

Hey, I'm new to the site and look forward to getting to know you all. I married a US citizen last year, I'm from Leicestershire in the UK, and my flights booked for the end of January! soooo excited to finally get to be with my husband. I'll be going to Florida at first, so would be glad to talk to anyone that's in FL. Got to take my driving test to get US licence within the first month of getting over there so would be grateful of any help with that one!! Talk to you soon.
Christine777 is offline  
Old Dec 26th 2011, 11:38 am
  #2  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 0
scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HI everyone!

Originally Posted by Christine777
Hey, I'm new to the site and look forward to getting to know you all. I married a US citizen last year, I'm from Leicestershire in the UK, and my flights booked for the end of January! soooo excited to finally get to be with my husband. I'll be going to Florida at first, so would be glad to talk to anyone that's in FL. Got to take my driving test to get US licence within the first month of getting over there so would be grateful of any help with that one!! Talk to you soon.
Christine777. Congratulations on your marriage, must be difficult to be so far away from your husband. Sure you'll be having a huge celebration when you arrive in Florida.

Take a look in the USA Forum to find out more information about your driving test etc. Good luck with all your plans
scrubbedexpat094 is offline  
Old Dec 27th 2011, 12:10 am
  #3  
MODERATOR
 
Rosemary's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Costa Valencia
Posts: 14,813
Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HI everyone!

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Rosemary is offline  
Old Dec 27th 2011, 4:10 am
  #4  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 5
Christine777 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: HI everyone!

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Christine777. Congratulations on your marriage, must be difficult to be so far away from your husband. Sure you'll be having a huge celebration when you arrive in Florida.

Take a look in the USA Forum to find out more information about your driving test etc. Good luck with all your plans
Thanks for your reply, yes it has been hard being apart for so long, I've been over to Florida a couple of times and he's been over to the UK a couple of times but I am excited now about finally getting to be with him properly. I'll have a look at the USA forums to get advise about health insurance and things like that, to see if it will be more cost effective to do the health insurance from the UK before I leave or whether to wait till I get there. How long have you lived there and where about's are you from?
Christine777 is offline  
Old Dec 27th 2011, 7:55 am
  #5  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 0
scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HI everyone!

Originally Posted by Christine777
Thanks for your reply, yes it has been hard being apart for so long, I've been over to Florida a couple of times and he's been over to the UK a couple of times but I am excited now about finally getting to be with him properly. I'll have a look at the USA forums to get advise about health insurance and things like that, to see if it will be more cost effective to do the health insurance from the UK before I leave or whether to wait till I get there. How long have you lived there and where about's are you from?
Hi Christine, certainly an exciting time for you both. We have lived in NZ for nearly 5 years now. We have our Kiwi citizenship but I do miss Blighty now & again. We are both originally from the North-west but lived in Burton-on-Trent for 13 years before heading down-under!

Whereabouts in Leicestershire are you from?
scrubbedexpat094 is offline  
Old Dec 28th 2011, 1:56 am
  #6  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 5
Christine777 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: HI everyone!

That's great, I'm from Burton-on-Trent!!! Stapenhill in fact. I ended up living in Coalville, Leicestershire from a past marriage, but my parents and family still live in the Burton area. I have family members in Australia and Canada too so we're fairly spread out. Where about's in Burton did you live?
Christine777 is offline  
Old Dec 28th 2011, 9:30 am
  #7  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 0
scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HI everyone!

Originally Posted by Christine777
That's great, I'm from Burton-on-Trent!!! Stapenhill in fact. I ended up living in Coalville, Leicestershire from a past marriage, but my parents and family still live in the Burton area. I have family members in Australia and Canada too so we're fairly spread out. Where about's in Burton did you live?
Hahaha! We lived in Stapenhill, Briz Valley (Derwent Rd) to be precise. Used to work at Derby City Hospital (now the Royal Derby Hospital), also worked at Queen's Hospital too. I miss B-o-T alot. Great town with very friendly people.

Used to go to Ashby quite alot as we had friends living there, they are in Germany now though. Still in touch with a few friends from my time at DCGH. Happy days. OH used to work for Toyota at Burnaston.
scrubbedexpat094 is offline  
Old Dec 28th 2011, 9:53 am
  #8  
 
dreadsoc's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,680
dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HI everyone!

Hi Christine

Welcome to BE from me too
Congrats on your wedding and all the very best with your move

Dread - x
dreadsoc is offline  
Old Dec 30th 2011, 4:04 am
  #9  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 5
Christine777 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: HI everyone!

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Hahaha! We lived in Stapenhill, Briz Valley (Derwent Rd) to be precise. Used to work at Derby City Hospital (now the Royal Derby Hospital), also worked at Queen's Hospital too. I miss B-o-T alot. Great town with very friendly people.

Used to go to Ashby quite alot as we had friends living there, they are in Germany now though. Still in touch with a few friends from my time at DCGH. Happy days. OH used to work for Toyota at Burnaston.
Unbelievable!! what a small world!! My daughter was born at Queens in Burton 19 years ago, and she now works in Ashby, it's about 10 mins from my house! I went to Hillside school now called Paulet, It's going to be nice to spend my last three weeks in the UK living back in Burton with my parents, it seems like the right thing to do as I was born and raised there and lived there till I was 18, then I moved to Swadlincote, then Ticknall then finally Coalville. Looking forward to leaving the UK now though.
Christine777 is offline  
Old Dec 30th 2011, 4:07 am
  #10  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 5
Christine777 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: HI everyone!

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
Hi Christine

Welcome to BE from me too
Congrats on your wedding and all the very best with your move

Dread - x
Thanks a lot, Ive already found a good tip on here that has saved me some money, so it really is a good site to be on.
Christine777 is offline  
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 2:34 am
  #11  
Sue
BE Co-Founder
 
Sue's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2000
Location: Florida
Posts: 25,928
Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HI everyone!

Originally Posted by Christine777
Thanks a lot, Ive already found a good tip on here that has saved me some money, so it really is a good site to be on.
That's what I like to read

So pleased you are enjoying being part of our community and I hope you will stick around and make a few friends here. It's amazing how supportive everyone is around hers and many have met up and made friends in the "real" world

Welcome, welcome and Happy New Year!!
Sue is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.