Hello!

Old Jan 4th 2015, 11:08 am
Just Joined

lizzie444 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile

My name is Liz I want to make a new life for myself and my fiance and once I have my Masters Degree I would like to move to Florida, any advice would be very welcome and would love to hear from Brits who have done the move and what their experiences are of living there.

Thanks,

Liz

I have looked into Visas and am aware of all the red tape regarding this I just want to know what it is like to live out there, social life etc x

Would love to chat to people who have done the big move!

Last edited by old.sparkles; Jan 4th 2015 at 11:14 am.
Old Jan 4th 2015, 11:14 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello!

Hi Liz and welcome to BE

I see you found your way over to the US section which is where you'll get the best answers, but there are limited options for UK citizens to move to the US and it's not possible for most people to make that move
Old Jan 4th 2015, 11:17 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lizzie444
I have looked into Visas and am aware of all the red tape regarding this I just want to know what it is like to live out there, social life etc x
Welcome to BE.

I see you have already found your way into the US forums. You should be aware that the first thing our members are going to ask you is...are you or your husband USCs or what visa do you have? We ask this because we have several people per day posting that they want to move to the US but they have absolutely no chance of getting a visa.

Take a read through this...Pulaski's Ways: How to Live and Work in the USA...if : British Expat Wiki you fit into one of the categories you be in with a chance of getting a visa. Good luck.
Old Jan 4th 2015, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

dfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond repute

lizzie444, it would help if you could say why it is that Florida attracts you, as then you can get opinions as to whether or not you'll be happy there. You dont say on what visa you think you'll be able to enter and work on?
My personal view of Florida is that it's far too humid, it's in the hurricane belt, and that Miami is an awful place to live in unless you are over 80 and like to lock yourself into your apartment all day with the airco on fullblast. The more northern part of Florida is about as soulless as the majority of US cities. If I were to think about moving to the US, I'd think much further north , say Pennsylvania

Last edited by dfjordan; Jan 4th 2015 at 12:53 pm.