Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hi Everyone.. in desperate need of Advice RE: moving to Canada..

Hi Everyone.. in desperate need of Advice RE: moving to Canada..

Old Jul 17th 2012, 8:12 pm
Just Joined

Angelkinz11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Hi Everyone.. in desperate need of Advice RE: moving to Canada..

Hi everyone, totally new to forum sites so a little nervous lol

I'm posting on behalf of my hubbie, he is 16 years Infantary..and 3 plus years FTX Logistics..which is a good wage but really hard company to work for..and to be honest we have 3 small children and he dosn't want to go to Afghan or in war zones anymore..we have always been interested in moving to Canada for a better way of life..and with the current state of the UK.. now more so than ever...he has everything you can have on his licence..and has been driving HET's for 3 years..he loves trucking..and is eager to get out in Canada.. the only problem is we dont know where to start..there are so many ads asking for UK drivers and me personnally i'm scared of scams ..we cant afford to do this more than once...one question is.. will they take you if you've been bankrupt...and which areas are best for raising a family + wage wise...I'd love any comments and advice ..sorry about the essay lol

Thanks guys

vicky
Old Jul 17th 2012, 8:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi Everyone.. in desperate need of Advice RE: moving to Canada..

Hello Vicky...welcome to BE.

Check out our Canada forums...for information and tips about moving to the Great White North. We also have a Trucking forum for your husband to take a look at. Many of the people posting in that forum are either trucking in Canada or would like lto.

I'm sure you'll enjoy taking part in the Canada forums. Should you need help with anything site related please give me or any mod a shout...we will be pleased to help you.

Good luck.
Old Jul 18th 2012, 5:13 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jul 18th 2012, 12:24 pm
Just Joined

Thank you both for the friendly welcome and i will look into the advice you guys have given and read the boards..thank you again!!

vicky
Old Jul 18th 2012, 2:00 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angelkinz11
Thank you both for the friendly welcome and i will look into the advice you guys have given and read the boards..thank you again!!

vicky
Welcome to BE. I'm sure you will pick up loads of tips in the Canada forum, everyone is great at sharing.

Also take some time to read through the other threads and the Canada Wiki
Old Jul 18th 2012, 6:39 pm
Just Joined

Hi, and thanks i'm scouring the forums lol hubby is thinking of trying for a job with Westcan so trying to find some more info on them ..and soaking up all the details on here i can..its a little overwhelming at first
Old Jul 18th 2012, 6:47 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angelkinz11
Hi, and thanks i'm scouring the forums lol hubby is thinking of trying for a job with Westcan so trying to find some more info on them ..and soaking up all the details on here i can..its a little overwhelming at first
There's a few threads on Westcan in the Truckers forum.

Little word of warning they can be a bit abrupt in that section though. Truckers tell it like it is and there's no pussy footing about with that lot, but they are good at sharing info and experiences and tell it like it is. So you should pick up some good background stuff there.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=118
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 5:49 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Hi Everyone.. in desperate need of Advice RE: moving to Canada..

Originally Posted by Sue
There's a few threads on Westcan in the Truckers forum.

Little word of warning they can be a bit abrupt in that section though. Truckers tell it like it is and there's no pussy footing about with that lot, but they are good at sharing info and experiences and tell it like it is. So you should pick up some good background stuff there.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=118

Thanks i've found lots of helpful advice..