hi everyone

Old Jul 9th 2012, 8:37 am
Just Joined

floobs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hi everyone

Hi, I have just found this forum and look forward to hearing from some people, all over the world. I live in Turkey and have done so for 15 years now. I am British and have a question for you all - I have been told that someone with a British passport has to have 6 months valid on it before entering the UK - does anyone know if this is right? I hope not as I have booked to go and renew mine in October and it runs out in November. Hence the worry.
Hope to hear soon, keep well
Old Jul 9th 2012, 9:31 am
Yes a friend to all BEs

IndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: hi everyone

Hello Floobs and to BE. Now that you've 'found us', stick around and hope you enjoy you stay in this cyber community.

Try to look up old posts or better still, post your query here http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61 You are sure to get the info from other members. You could also contact one of the forum moderators listed at the end of the page in that link.

Cheers
Old Jul 9th 2012, 12:27 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by floobs
Hi, I have just found this forum and look forward to hearing from some people, all over the world. I live in Turkey and have done so for 15 years now. I am British and have a question for you all - I have been told that someone with a British passport has to have 6 months valid on it before entering the UK - does anyone know if this is right? I hope not as I have booked to go and renew mine in October and it runs out in November. Hence the worry.
Hope to hear soon, keep well
Hi and welcome to BE, I hope you enjoy being part of our community.

You shouldn't have any problems entering the UK on your passport, as you are a UK citizen entering on a UK passport. There's a few threads on this subject floating about the forum, here is a recent one you may find useful: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=748741
Old Jul 9th 2012, 1:48 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by IndianFriend
Hello Floobs and to BE. Now that you've 'found us', stick around and hope you enjoy you stay in this cyber community.

Try to look up old posts or better still, post your query here http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61 You are sure to get the info from other members. You could also contact one of the forum moderators listed at the end of the page in that link.

Cheers
thank you for that, I have read many posts and am sure I will enjoy being on this forum.
Old Jul 10th 2012, 12:43 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE!

And yeah, you're good to go, you can even enter the UK on an expired passport.

The issue is getting on the plane in the first place, but as a Brit citizen, the airline shouldn't give you any problems with a valid passport.
Old Jul 11th 2012, 4:15 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bob
Welcome to BE!

And yeah, you're good to go, you can even enter the UK on an expired passport.

The issue is getting on the plane in the first place, but as a Brit citizen, the airline shouldn't give you any problems with a valid passport.
thank you all for your advice, I know now that I can get into the country with no problem. I will renew my passport and then I can come home on the booked return. Thanks again, friendly and informative forum.