Hi everyone,

Old Sep 17th 2011, 12:00 pm
Sammi T

Sammi T is just really niceSammi T is just really niceSammi T is just really niceSammi T is just really niceSammi T is just really niceSammi T is just really niceSammi T is just really niceSammi T is just really niceSammi T is just really niceSammi T is just really niceSammi T is just really nice
Wink Hi everyone,

Hi everyone, I have been reading your blogs for a couple of weeks searching for information and have found it very informative.

Well I am here because we finally had our 176 visa granted, yay It has been almost two years, tears, laughter, brick walls and barrier but we got there and we are soooooo excited.

I am quite new to forums and blogs, I am computer savvy bot haven't really had much need for forums until now.

We are now on the research campaign to see where to go in SA (we were sponsored by SA so have to go there although we wanted WA as we have family there and we loved it when we stayed for 3 months a couple of years ago) hey ho and now need to find some temporary accommodation for a couple of weeks so we can have a better look around to see where to rent longer term, also jobs to find, the best fares etc. So lots of work to do still, but all very exciting.

I look forward to chatting with you all soon as I am sure I will have loads of questions.

Sam & Mick
Old Sep 17th 2011, 12:44 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi everyone,

Hey all the best to you and welcome to BE. That sounds really exciting. Well I know nothing about Oz but just saw your posting just now. I'm sure someone will be along in a minute with all the relevant links to the Australia forum. Happy Planning
Old Sep 17th 2011, 12:51 pm
Sammi T

Sammi T is just really niceSammi T is just really niceSammi T is just really niceSammi T is just really niceSammi T is just really niceSammi T is just really niceSammi T is just really niceSammi T is just really niceSammi T is just really niceSammi T is just really niceSammi T is just really nice

Thanks Bakedbean
Old Sep 17th 2011, 2:51 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Sep 17th 2011, 3:14 pm
Sammi T

Thank you Rosemary, I will of course let you know if I need your help.

I have found out loads already so really pleased, what a fantastic first experience of using forums.... thank you.

Sam
Old Sep 17th 2011, 6:01 pm

Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sammi T
Hi everyone, I have been reading your blogs for a couple of weeks searching for information and have found it very informative.

Well I am here because we finally had our 176 visa granted, yay It has been almost two years, tears, laughter, brick walls and barrier but we got there and we are soooooo excited.

I am quite new to forums and blogs, I am computer savvy bot haven't really had much need for forums until now.

We are now on the research campaign to see where to go in SA (we were sponsored by SA so have to go there although we wanted WA as we have family there and we loved it when we stayed for 3 months a couple of years ago) hey ho and now need to find some temporary accommodation for a couple of weeks so we can have a better look around to see where to rent longer term, also jobs to find, the best fares etc. So lots of work to do still, but all very exciting.

I look forward to chatting with you all soon as I am sure I will have loads of questions.

Sam & Mick
Hello Sam & Mick, and welcome to BE!

Sammi, I see you've already started posting and finding your way about but I'll give you the following for reference just if you should need them:

Kelli28, Sherlock Holmes and newjersey are the concierges for the Australia Forums, and they can act as your tour-guides should you need help finding your way about there.

Cresta57, Monneypenny20, Sonlymewalter and Alfresco are the Australia moderators whom you can contact for all other concerns or problems, or admin (Sue).

I recommend you look over BE Wiki ... it can be rather helpful. And there may also be relevant information in the stickied threads at the top of every forum index-page.

Jerseygirl will be along in no time to welcome you properly, but until you are better welcome greetings from Ontario, Canada ... and good luck with your future in Oz!

With every good wish,
Christian

Last edited by Christian; Sep 17th 2011 at 6:10 pm. Reason: I'm winging it off the top of my head ... and it ain't easy without a script! lol
Old Sep 17th 2011, 10:26 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sammi

Welcome to BE.
It sounds like a very exciting time is happening for you so I wish you all the best with your move

Dread - x
Old Sep 18th 2011, 3:06 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sammi T

Sam & Mick
Hello Sam and Mick...welcome aboard.

I see our concierges have provided you with loads of information to help you find your feet around the forums. If you need further help please do not hesitate to shout out...there is usually someone around 24/7.

Good luck.
Old Sep 18th 2011, 9:31 am
Sammi T

Thank you everyone for your best wishes and for your help. I am feeling very positive about this forum and have already gained a wealth of information from peoples experiences and opinions. It will help us decide what paths to take and give us food for thought as we progress with our move.

Thank you all again
Sam & Mick