Reload this Page >

Hi Everyone ๐Ÿ˜Š

Hi Everyone ๐Ÿ˜Š

Old Aug 2nd 2019, 10:04 am
Just Joined

Shelley1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi Everyone ๐Ÿ˜Š

Hi All,

Iโ€™m a new member and also new to using forums so please be gentle with me!

A little bit about ourselves... my husband and I live in the UK but are looking to start a new venture, life, retirement in Italy. We are in our early 40โ€™s and now that we have decided to take the plunge we need to crack on and do our research and hopefully establish a business that will allow us to retire with some quality of life in between. We are not fools, we realise this is a huge challenge but we are not afraid of hard work.

Ive joined this forum to seek advice for EVERYTHING, including opinions on where might be a favourable area to set up camp. Iโ€™m starting from scratch.

Old Aug 2nd 2019, 1:21 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi Everyone ๐Ÿ˜Š

Originally Posted by Shelley1 View Post
Hi All,

Iโ€™m a new member and also new to using forums so please be gentle with me!

A little bit about ourselves... my husband and I live in the UK but are looking to start a new venture, life, retirement in Italy. We are in our early 40โ€™s and now that we have decided to take the plunge we need to crack on and do our research and hopefully establish a business that will allow us to retire with some quality of life in between. We are not fools, we realise this is a huge challenge but we are not afraid of hard work.

Ive joined this forum to seek advice for EVERYTHING, including opinions on where might be a favourable area to set up camp. Iโ€™m starting from scratch.

Welcome to BE,

We do ask all new members to have a quick read of the forum rules..https://britishexpats.com/site-rules/ and should you have any site related problems please contact one of the moderators, names in bold at the bottom right of each forum page..

You should ask specific questions in the Italy forum https://britishexpats.com/forum/italy-77/ where the good people will be happy to answer your questions.
One thing to consider is what Brexit might mean, if there is a deal you will have a couple of years grace to get sorted, if no deal then as from 1st November no-one knows what could happen, you might even need a visa to go there.
Old Aug 2nd 2019, 3:15 pm
Just Joined

Shelley1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for initial guidance. We certainly wonโ€™t be considering purchasing any property until the brexit fiasco is resolved one way or another. Iโ€™m even anticipating several years of uncertainty. Needless to say research, travelling and finalising also doesnโ€™t happen overnight. Iโ€™m sure IF Brexit goes ahead, some things will change and I would be interested in hearing otherโ€™s thoughts on that particular subject. We will have to make a judgement call before taking the plunge but Iโ€™d like to start by gathering all the current information and guidance so I understand what we might be facing and if itโ€™s the right decision for us.

I will Iโ€™ll head over to the Italy forum thank you.
Old Aug 5th 2019, 3:00 pm
Just Joined

wisdomseeker is an unknown quantity at this point

Where in Italy are you looking at Shelley? I've considered both the North around Friuli or island life in Sardinia. The taxes do worry me. They have a regime to let you lessen the burden but they are only really for major income earners.
Old Aug 5th 2019, 9:04 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wisdomseeker View Post
Where in Italy are you looking at Shelley? I've considered both the North around Friuli or island life in Sardinia. The taxes do worry me. They have a regime to let you lessen the burden but they are only really for major income earners.
Please do not ask specific questions or make specific suggestions in this forum, it is for general introductions and those best placed to answer or be able to use the information are unlikely to see them, Specific comments or questions should be made in the Italy forum.