Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hi from Chicago USA

Hi from Chicago USA

Old Jun 15th 2010, 11:32 pm
Just Joined

Bookem will become famous soon enough
Default Hi from Chicago USA

Hello everyone would just like to quickly introduce myself, I’m new to this forum and thought that I would just post a quick hi. I am a 52-year-old Englishman living about 20 miles north of Chicago Illinois USA. I have now lived in the USA for over 21 years.
My hobbies include: Reading, Ham radio, Electronics, Computing, Books, Fishing to name but a few.
Old Jun 15th 2010, 11:47 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi from Chicago USA

Welcome to BE

21 years? That's impressive So where did you hail from before?
Old Jun 16th 2010, 11:52 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bookem
Hello everyone would just like to quickly introduce myself, I’m new to this forum and thought that I would just post a quick hi. I am a 52-year-old Englishman living about 20 miles north of Chicago Illinois USA. I have now lived in the USA for over 21 years.
My hobbies include: Reading, Ham radio, Electronics, Computing, Books, Fishing to name but a few.
Hi Bookem,

Welcome to the site. I see you've already settled in amongst others in the USA forum. I hope you enjoy your stay with us and don't hestitate to give me a shout if you have any site questions.

Sue
Old Jun 16th 2010, 1:55 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum glad to see you are getting stuck right in.

21 years is a long time...When you visit the UK do your friends and family note a change in accent?
Old Jun 16th 2010, 3:40 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bookem

Welcome Bookem...
Old Jun 16th 2010, 4:58 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

From the Wet Coast, Ditto the welcome!
Old Jun 17th 2010, 4:22 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi & welcome to the site wow 21 years in US that is a long time. You will certainly be able to help those just making the move over.

Dewb09
Old Jun 19th 2010, 4:39 am
Just Joined

Bookem will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo
Welcome to the forum glad to see you are getting stuck right in.

21 years is a long time...When you visit the UK do your friends and family note a change in accent?
Yes they do but interestingly I recently started using Dragon naturally speaking dictation software. First I tried setting it to an American accent then I tried it with a British accent. The British accent works twice as well for me but I have to remember to say Full stop instead of Period.
Old Jun 26th 2010, 1:59 am
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

Howdy, a bit late in seeing this but I do search "Chicago" now and then!

Enjoy the stay!
Old Jun 26th 2010, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

Donna79 will become famous soon enoughDonna79 will become famous soon enough

Hi and welcome!

I worked in Glenview Illinois for a year in 1998 - that must be close to where you say you are living? I was a nanny and had a fantastic time there. I'm currently living in western Sydney, Australia and I am hoping to keep my British accent! It's great when you get pestered by people who want to sign you up for things as you can say your on holiday and get away with it!

Donna
x