Hi all

Old May 13th 2018, 2:45 pm
Just Joined

Chubby224 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi all

Hey all
my names ashlee chubb, i just thought id let you all know about about me and why i am here. Me and my girlfriend are both looking to get out of england as soon as humanly possible! I am a qualified CNC machinist and she is a qualified dental nurse. We have our hearts set on Canada. US would be 2nd choice. But we have no idea how to go about any of this. I am 26 and she is 21 we thought it would be good to have a crack on here and see whats what! Is alot of work for CNC engineers in Canada?
any help is muchly appreciated
thanks
Old May 13th 2018, 3:50 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi all

Hi Ashlee ... Welcome to BE

Thanks ever so much for stopping by and introducing yourself. Not being nosey but are you and your girlfriend a same sex couple? Have you been living together for a bit? I ask because I'm American and Ashlee, other than in Gone With the Wind, is a female name afaik (please do not take offense at my assumption) and if so, if you have been living together, then you have chosen the correct country(ies) to emigrate to as both welcome same sex couples. Unfortunately, the US does not recognize common-law relationships regardless of gender so only one of you would be eligible to join the other as a spouse.

After a read of the site rules re posting conduct http://britishexpats.com/site-rules/ please have a look at the Canada forum for answers to questions regarding "how-to" immigrant to Canada. http://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/

I'm not at all familiar with what a CNC engineer is so do not know if that skill will help you find a way into the US on a working visa. You can ask here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/

Good luck to you and your girlfriend in your endeavors.
Old May 14th 2018, 5:33 pm
Just Joined

Chubby224 is an unknown quantity at this point

No same sex here mate im a male and shes a female! Haha no offence taken its one of them names i think... ashleigh ashley ashlee generally all the people ive known to be male called ashlee are all ending ee or ey but we are living together have been a couple of years now... we have no real choice of place to go anywhere but the uk at the moment... we have a st bernard puppy so the choice of anywhere too hot like australia has gone out the window for his sake but open to suggestions
thanks for the reply
Old May 14th 2018, 6:04 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, welcome to BE.

Forget the US, it's much tougher than Canada to move to and unfortunately doesn't welcome trades or those without a degree as a minimum. But Canada is definitely possible, you're young enough to get an IEC visa (2 year open work permit for those aged 30 and under) if you qualify i.e. have enough funds, no recent criminal records etc.

But pop over to the Canadian forums and you'll find loads of info there. Grab a cuppa, get reading (threads and the Wiki) and feel free to ask any questions if you're unsure about anything at all once you've done a bit of research.

See you over there.
Old May 14th 2018, 7:52 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chubby224
No same sex here mate im a male and shes a female! Haha no offence taken its one of them names i think... ashleigh ashley ashlee generally all the people ive known to be male called ashlee are all ending ee or ey but we are living together have been a couple of years now... we have no real choice of place to go anywhere but the uk at the moment... we have a st bernard puppy so the choice of anywhere too hot like australia has gone out the window for his sake but open to suggestions
thanks for the reply
LOL is mate slang for a male friend only? If so, I'm female as per the little gender symbol by my name which was at one time part of the site before they changed things last week. Glad you didn't take offense. Yes, easier for you get into Canada then the US since a trade skill is all you have to bargain with, unless, of course, that is only the tip of your education iceberg. US does value labor skills, just not for immigration purposes.

Best of luck to you both.