Hi all..

Old Apr 2nd 2016, 8:47 am
Just Joined

Nuggat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi all..

Hi there, my name is Shaun, I'm 54, English born, clean driving licence, good honest Christian , no commitments other than my little dog...Paddy ...come and say hi
Old Apr 2nd 2016, 9:17 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi all..

Hello and Welcome to the forum

What brings you to the BritishExpats forum? Are you considering a move abroad?
Old Apr 2nd 2016, 10:52 am
Just Joined

Thank you, Not considering a move however I Have enjoyed working on a couple of domestic private projects in France for British builders combined with local construction workers, and I am hearing and finding that most of the British developers abroad would prefer the English Plumbing systems, so thought I would test the water as an installer and see what happens.. I have been working 6 days a week, for 4-6 weeks straight, then come home for a week or two on the current project, returning to France tomorrow morning. Shaun
Old Apr 2nd 2016, 11:20 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Shaun...welcome to BE.

You will see I have deleted your other thread. Please note you cannot advertise your services on our forums. If you have a website you may put a link to the site in your signature. Please read our Site Rules. Thanks.

Site Rules | British Expatriate Community

As you mentioned France...we have several excellent forums covering France which you maybe interested in.

France - British Expats
Old Apr 2nd 2016, 12:33 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nuggat
Thank you, Not considering a move however I Have enjoyed working on a couple of domestic private projects in France for British builders combined with local construction workers, and I am hearing and finding that most of the British developers abroad would prefer the English Plumbing systems, so thought I would test the water as an installer and see what happens.. I have been working 6 days a week, for 4-6 weeks straight, then come home for a week or two on the current project, returning to France tomorrow morning. Shaun
Hi, and welcome to the Forum! Post again in the France forum and see what others more in the know say about the plumbing question here. It's quite possible that some people abroad, esp. expats, prefer the British system, but this is France, with French standards! Electricity poses the same problem and both types of work must be signed off by a French-registered professional for Insurance and 10-year guarantee purposes. To be registered, you'd have to pass an exam in French, after which you'd have to set up a business structure. But, as I said, those more in the know can advise better than me, I just wanted to make you aware of the basics....
Old Apr 2nd 2016, 1:50 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for your reply will do.
Old Apr 2nd 2016, 4:36 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu
.... To be registered, you'd have to pass an exam in French, after which you'd have to set up a business structure. But, as I said, those more in the know can advise better than me, I just wanted to make you aware of the basics....
Before setting off down that road Nuggat should look into the French income taxes and social welfare payments (equivalents to NI) required. It will likely be an eye-opening experience.