Hi all

Old Sep 3rd 2011, 10:46 pm
Just Joined

tetley86 is a jewel in the roughtetley86 is a jewel in the roughtetley86 is a jewel in the roughtetley86 is a jewel in the rough
Default Hi all

Hi everyone,
Found the site through google and its already helped me out alot.

Im 24 from Newcastle England and plan on going to Australia on a WHV in mid february. Always wanted to give it a crack and after trying to buy a house and it falling through I feel now is the time even though Im going alone and leaving a girlfriend behind.

Ive got a load of questions so Im sure you'll hear more from me soon.

Cheers,
Steve
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 11:50 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi all

Originally Posted by tetley86
Hi everyone,

Im 24 from Newcastle England and plan on going to Australia on a WHV in mid february. Always wanted to give it a crack and after trying to buy a house and it falling through I feel now is the time even though Im going alone and leaving a girlfriend behind.

Cheers,
Steve
Hi Steve...welcome to BE.

In my opinion it's much easier to adjust to life in a different country when you are young...especially if you have no ties like yourself. If it doesn't work out you can always go back home. I see you've already started asking questions about jobs in the Working Abroad by Profession Forum.

I recommend you wander over to our Australia forums and take a look around. I'll give you a few relevant links to help you find your feet around the forums.

Please post any questions about the visa/immigration process in the Australia Immigration Forum. We have a great bunch of people who post in our Australia Forums...they will give you tips and advice on life Down Under. The link I have given you will take you to the main index page of the Australia Forum...at the top of the page you will see a list of sub forums. The top forum is the Immigration Forum...the Main forum is for topics relating to Australia and The Barbie is for general chit chat.

Also take a look in the BE Wiki...loads of relevant information in there. Please take time to read through the stickied threads or announcements that may be posted at the top of each forum's index page.

Kelli28, Sherlock Holmes and newjersey are the concierges for the Australia forums...so if you have any problems finding your way around our many forums please contact Kelli, Alistair or newjersey

For all other concerns or problems please contact a moderator or admin. Every BE forum has at least one moderator dedicated to that forum...Australia has 4...Cresta57, Monneypenny20,, Sonlymewalter and Alfresco.

I hope you enjoy your time with us and don't forget to shout out should you require any help. Good luck.
Old Sep 4th 2011, 2:26 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Steve

I guess from your site name that you like a cup of tea huh?
As Jerseygirl has given you the links to all things Australia, and you seem to be already getting stuck in, it just leaves me to say welcome to BE and wish you the best with your adventure

Dread - x
Old Sep 4th 2011, 4:09 am
Just Joined

tetley86 is a jewel in the roughtetley86 is a jewel in the roughtetley86 is a jewel in the roughtetley86 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Hi Steve...welcome to BE.

In my opinion it's much easier to adjust to life in a different country when you are young...especially if you have no ties like yourself. If it doesn't work out you can always go back home. I see you've already started asking questions about jobs in the Working Abroad by Profession Forum.

I recommend you wander over to our Australia forums and take a look around. I'll give you a few relevant links to help you find your feet around the forums.

Please post any questions about the visa/immigration process in the Australia Immigration Forum. We have a great bunch of people who post in our Australia Forums...they will give you tips and advice on life Down Under. The link I have given you will take you to the main index page of the Australia Forum...at the top of the page you will see a list of sub forums. The top forum is the Immigration Forum...the Main forum is for topics relating to Australia and The Barbie is for general chit chat.

Also take a look in the BE Wiki...loads of relevant information in there. Please take time to read through the stickied threads or announcements that may be posted at the top of each forum's index page.

Kelli28, Sherlock Holmes and newjersey are the concierges for the Australia forums...so if you have any problems finding your way around our many forums please contact Kelli, Alistair or newjersey

For all other concerns or problems please contact a moderator or admin. Every BE forum has at least one moderator dedicated to that forum...Australia has 4...Cresta57, Monneypenny20,, Sonlymewalter and Alfresco.

I hope you enjoy your time with us and don't forget to shout out should you require any help. Good luck.

Cheers JerseyGirl, very useful information there especially that wiki link.

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
Hi Steve

I guess from your site name that you like a cup of tea huh?
As Jerseygirl has given you the links to all things Australia, and you seem to be already getting stuck in, it just leaves me to say welcome to BE and wish you the best with your adventure

Dread - x
How did ya guess, yeah love a cuppa. Being a sparky get offered one in every house I go to, its a wonder I get any work done at all.
Old Sep 4th 2011, 4:16 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Sep 5th 2011, 9:49 am

Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tetley86
Hi everyone,

Cheers,
Steve
Aareet, welcome to BE, tetley!

I see they have you well kitted out for pertinent links and forums. Sounds a wonderful opportunity ... and you can always send for your girl when your settled. All the best with your move and your new life, Steve!

With every good wish,
Christian
Old Sep 5th 2011, 5:25 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

I was thinking Tetley Bitter meself but that's just me

All the best with your adventure and Happy Planning.