Hi all

Old Feb 17th 2011, 2:07 pm
Just Joined

adi69 is just really niceadi69 is just really niceadi69 is just really niceadi69 is just really niceadi69 is just really niceadi69 is just really niceadi69 is just really niceadi69 is just really nice
Default Hi all

Hi guys, Newbie to the site from England here.

Hoping to gain as much info from the site as im looking for a career move in the near future, any tips and advise from experienced expats will be great.
I am a HGV/PSV Technician and are looking for any oppertunities in the Middle East areas preferably.
Ive had offers from M+E for contracts in Kuwait both in driving and vehicle repair, but as people will know the time from job offer to leave the UK is short.
I will be seeing my current employer on Monday and hope they are going to be lenient with the amount of notice I have to work (usually 4 weeks) as I dont want to burn my bridges.
Any way like I said any advice given gladly recieved, wish me luck in my search of the site. Adi
Old Feb 17th 2011, 2:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi all

Originally Posted by adi69

Hoping to gain as much info from the site as im looking for a career move in the near future, any tips and advise from experienced expats will be great.
I am a HGV/PSV Technician and are looking for any oppertunities in the Middle East areas preferably.
Ive had offers from M+E for contracts in Kuwait both in driving and vehicle repair, but as people will know the time from job offer to leave the UK is short.
I will be seeing my current employer on Monday and hope they are going to be lenient with the amount of notice I have to work (usually 4 weeks) as I dont want to burn my bridges.
Any way like I said any advice given gladly recieved, wish me luck in my search of the site. Adi

Hi there Adi...welcome aboard.

I'm sorry I can't help you with your questions. A more appropriate forum for you to repost your questions in may be the Working Abroad Forum. You will see a list of sub forums...one of which is for Trucking.

You may also be interested in joining in with the chatter in the Middle East Forums. The main forum is for topics relating to the Middle East...the Sand Pit is for general chit chat.

There is also an Introduction thread in the Sand Pit...why don't you pop over there and introduce yourself?

If you find yourself a little lost navigating the many BE forums...we have a team of concierges who will direct you around the website. The concierge for the Middle East forums is Blue Cat...please contact her if you need any help.

If you have any problems or concerns please contact a moderator. The mods for the ME forums are Bob, NorthernLad and rowell.

Please shout out if you need any help...there's usually someone around 24/7 to help out.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Feb 17th 2011 at 2:26 pm.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 2:32 pm
Just Joined

adi69 is just really niceadi69 is just really niceadi69 is just really niceadi69 is just really niceadi69 is just really niceadi69 is just really niceadi69 is just really niceadi69 is just really nice

Thanks for the reply and thread, moderator info. No doubt ill eventually find all the info I need .Adi
Old Feb 17th 2011, 2:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the reply and thread, moderator info. No doubt ill eventually find all the info I need .Adi
Hopefully you will. I think you'll find we're a pretty helpful bunch of folk...if we can help...we will.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 9:39 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Adi, just wanted to wish you a warm welcome to BE & good luck with your plans.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 8:51 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

All the best!!!
Old Feb 19th 2011, 11:20 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Given the current unrest in the area is this a good idea, maybe better to see what happens in the next few months..
Old Feb 20th 2011, 1:46 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome aboard from me too.

I think it would be wise to keep reading the Middle east forum and see how the land lies at the present. That said pplaces like Kuwait, Oman and UAE seem more stable than most in the Middle East at the moment.

Good luck with whatever direction you take

Dread - x