Hi

Old Oct 20th 2012, 2:31 pm
Just Joined

AWebs is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Hi

Hi Everyone,

My name is Abby, I'm British and looking to move to Peterborough in Ontario, Canada to be with my partner who is a Canadian permanent resident originally from England as well.

I'm originally from Manchester and now live in London. I work as an Intranet Manager for an insurance company.

I'm confused about how it might be possible to get there, hoping to find info and looking forward to connecting with others on this great site!

Abby
Old Oct 20th 2012, 8:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi

Hi Abby and Welcome to BE.

You should be able find some info by asking in the Canadian immi forum.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33

Good luck!
Old Oct 20th 2012, 8:43 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the welcome Alfresco
Old Oct 20th 2012, 9:37 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, and welcome.

I lived near Peterborough, some lovely places around there.

If you and your partner have lived together for a year or more, then the quickest/easiest visa route by a mile is for him to sponsor you for Permanent Residency, which will take around 6 months. You'd then also be a PR of Canada.

If you haven't, then you can either get married (he could then sponsor you as his spouse), or you'll need to qualify for a visa on your own merits. This Wiki page will give you an overview of your visa options if your partner cannot sponsor you - http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Quick_...an_Immigration

Hope that helps, and do come over to the Canada forum where hopefully you'll be made to feel very welcome.

Good luck with it all.
Old Oct 20th 2012, 9:44 pm
Just Joined

Thanks christmasoompa,

This is really great information, I will definitely join in on the Canada forum, I've just been reading and reading and reading the wiki!

Thanks for the welcome
Old Oct 21st 2012, 2:13 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Abby, welcome!

Peterborough is a lovely town in an absolutely gorgeous part of the country. We live a few hours away, in northern NY state.. we visited Peterborough a couple of times a few years ago, when our son was offered a place at Trent University. He decided to go elsewhere, but Trent is a fine institution. We found a very nice brew pub in Peterborough..

Good luck in your endeavors to move to Canada!
Old Oct 21st 2012, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

Thank you Robin!

I hope I can get there!
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 10:20 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Oct 26th 2012, 12:03 pm
Just Joined

dave_gen is an unknown quantity at this point

are there any english people taht live in philippines?
Old Oct 26th 2012, 8:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave_gen
are there any english people taht live in philippines?
Yep, try the Philippines forum here:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=155