Hi

Old Jul 27th 2010, 9:11 am
Just Joined

yosoyeljam is just really niceyosoyeljam is just really niceyosoyeljam is just really niceyosoyeljam is just really niceyosoyeljam is just really niceyosoyeljam is just really niceyosoyeljam is just really niceyosoyeljam is just really nice
Default Hi

Hi there,

Just to introduce myself quicly, I'm yosoyeljam and I'm not an expat just yet. I joined the forum here because my girlfriend and I are young professionals that would like to escape Scotland for somewhere with a better quality of life and better quality of weather. I don't know where we really want to go yet, although I speak Spanish, so any advice on where to look for jobs abroad etc would be handy.

Cheers!
Old Jul 27th 2010, 9:42 am
Just Joined

chasdav is just really nicechasdav is just really nicechasdav is just really nicechasdav is just really nicechasdav is just really nicechasdav is just really nicechasdav is just really nicechasdav is just really nice
Default Re: Hi

Hi There,
Just joined this forum myself so excuse me for using your post to practise on...!

If you're in Scotland and want a better life and weather...just drive south!.. (ONLY JOKING!!) Lived and spent many happy years working out of Aberdeen, (I'm a marine engineer) and although it pains me to say so, love Scotland. (I'm English). WE escaped from Northern England....enough said,,,?)

We moved to Italy, (my wifes Italian), from the UK for ALMOST the same reasons as you BUt the main one being better quality of life for our (then) young kids. (Both bi-lingual)

If you don't have kids, the world's your oyster, especially if you got another language, just go for it. If you DO have kids, I can recommend Italy, but it's not easy job-wise even WITH a profession.

We were lucky in that in MY job, doesn't matter where we live, I can join a ship anywhere. Now we are having problems due to shipping industry never been as bad, BUT still glad we came. It's never easy, no matter where you are, but sunshine helps.

Sorry no specific help here, if you have any questions about Italy would be happy to try and help, either way, good luck.
Sorry about rambling,
Chasdav
Old Jul 27th 2010, 12:50 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yosoyeljam
Hi there,

Just to introduce myself quicly, I'm yosoyeljam and I'm not an expat just yet. I joined the forum here because my girlfriend and I are young professionals that would like to escape Scotland for somewhere with a better quality of life and better quality of weather. I don't know where we really want to go yet, although I speak Spanish, so any advice on where to look for jobs abroad etc would be handy.

Cheers!
Welcome to BE yosoyeljam.

This is the link to our Living and Moving Abroad forums. You will see a list of sub forums that are country specific. First of all perhaps you'd like to pick a country that you're interested in moving to and then start posting in that forum. We have a great bunch of members posting in our forums...so you should get plenty of help and info.

We have a team of concierges who will act as your tour guides to direct you around the website. You can find a list of their names at the bottom right hand side of this page. They will be pleased to help you find your way around the many BE forums.

All other problems or concerns should be addressed to a moderator. All forums have at least one assigned moderator...you can find their names at the bottom right hand side of every forum index page. The moderator's name is printed in bold font...if a concierge is assigned to the forum their name will be printed in standard font.

Good luck and please give me a shout if you need any help.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 11:24 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome to the forum... It is not an easy decision as to where to move to. But hopefully we can help you with that processes. Spanish is the third most widely spoken language after Chinese and English. so you have a great opportunity to be able to find somewhere to put this skill to good use.
Old Jul 29th 2010, 10:49 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

.....And welcome from me too.
I hope you find the place you will be happy in.

Dread - x