Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hey - Moving To Canada

Hey - Moving To Canada

Old Jan 11th 2011, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

Nelson1805 is just really niceNelson1805 is just really niceNelson1805 is just really niceNelson1805 is just really niceNelson1805 is just really niceNelson1805 is just really niceNelson1805 is just really niceNelson1805 is just really niceNelson1805 is just really niceNelson1805 is just really niceNelson1805 is just really nice
Default Hey - Moving To Canada

Hey everyone, figured I would introduce myself here. I'm "new" here in the sense I've only just registered, but I've been moping around in the background looking at all the posts in the Canada section for a good year or so.

Looking to move to Canada hopefully in a year or two. The one big advantage I have is my grandfather was born in Canada, so I actually have Canadian citizenship. So in terms of work permits and residency.....no problems there as I don't need them!!

Only problem is getting myself across soon and seeing how things go. Hopefully looking to go to Alberta, Calgary. Was there in September last year and really enjoyed it. Let's see what happens
Old Jan 11th 2011, 9:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hey

Originally Posted by Nelson1805
Hey everyone, figured I would introduce myself here. I'm "new" here in the sense I've only just registered, but I've been moping around in the background looking at all the posts in the Canada section for a good year or so.

Looking to move to Canada hopefully in a year or two. The one big advantage I have is my grandfather was born in Canada, so I actually have Canadian citizenship. So in terms of work permits and residency.....no problems there as I don't need them!!

Only problem is getting myself across soon and seeing how things go. Hopefully looking to go to Alberta, Calgary. Was there in September last year and really enjoyed it. Let's see what happens

Hey there...welcome aboard.

Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself...I'm pleased you've decided to join us.

Having Canadian citizenship is certainly a huge advantage. You no doubt have already found your way into our Canada Forums....why not pop over there and introduce yourself?

If you have any problems finding your way around the many BE forums AmyDavid and The Aviator are concierges for the Canada forums.

For any other problems please contact a moderator. The mods for the Canada forums are Iaink and Christmasoompa.

Please give me a shout if you need any help...once again welcome.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 10:02 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hey

Hey Nelson.

Welcome to BE.

We've got a great Canada forum and I'm sure you will enjoy getting to know the other members and picking up some tips on moving and stuff. All the members are really great at sharing info and experiences. We've also got a wonderful wiki that members have contributed to so if you have time check it out.

Sue
Old Jan 12th 2011, 2:12 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hey - Moving To Canada

Err, where was your parent whose father was Canadian born?

If it wasn't in Canada you might have an issue.

I suggest you post details in the Immigration sub-forum of the Canada bit.
Old Jan 12th 2011, 6:30 am
Forum Regular

Nelson1805 is just really niceNelson1805 is just really niceNelson1805 is just really niceNelson1805 is just really niceNelson1805 is just really niceNelson1805 is just really niceNelson1805 is just really niceNelson1805 is just really niceNelson1805 is just really niceNelson1805 is just really niceNelson1805 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Err, where was your parent whose father was Canadian born?

If it wasn't in Canada you might have an issue.

I suggest you post details in the Immigration sub-forum of the Canada bit.
I don't imagine there would be any problem. It was my grandfather who was born in Canada, and I already hold a Canadian passport that confirms me as a Canadian citizen (and I've had it a couple of years or so) so I don't see any problem there.
Old Jan 12th 2011, 7:45 am
Banned

wonderfulperson is just really nicewonderfulperson is just really nicewonderfulperson is just really nicewonderfulperson is just really nicewonderfulperson is just really nicewonderfulperson is just really nicewonderfulperson is just really nicewonderfulperson is just really nice

"Congratulations and good luck"

You are right, if you hold a Canadian passport, then no problem with all you have said.

I am now legible and applying for my Canadian citizenship, been here 4 yrs and had permanent residency the past 3. All good
Old Jan 12th 2011, 7:15 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I don't imagine there would be any problem. It was my grandfather who was born in Canada, and I already hold a Canadian passport that confirms me as a Canadian citizen (and I've had it a couple of years or so) so I don't see any problem there.
OK then, no problem. Welcome to the forum and good luck with move.