Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hey from Michigan USA

Hey from Michigan USA

Old May 3rd 2011, 8:38 pm
Just Joined

Location: Michigan USA..where the weather is just as bad, if not worse than back home in Manchester.
MancLad.US is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hey from Michigan USA

Hey guys. Just joined the site today, and thought I`d introduce myself, while I had a spare 5 minutes, while my youngest is occupied watching Bubble Guppies, and not barking up my leg...
My name`s Dave, and I`m originally from Manchester in the U.K. now living in Michigan USA. (It`s a good job I have a hot wife, otherwise I`d never have moved to such a crappy weather state...lol..)

Been here 4 and a half years now, and married with 6 children between us. I know right, buy a board game or somethin!!????...

I came across the site today, while I was looking for something else regarding expats, and had a nosey round. It seemed interesting, and here I am.

Sorry for the essay. Talking a glass eye to sleep is a personal goal. Anyway, I`ll stop there...nice to meet ya`s....
Old May 3rd 2011, 8:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hey...

Hey MancLad.US...welcome aboard.

I think many of us found our way into this site by accident whilst looking for info about expats...I know I did.

We have quite a group of people from the Manchester area...so you'll find yourself in good company. Why don't you pop over there to our US Forums and take a look around? You will see that we have a US Meet-Ups forum...take a look in there as we have several members who are now living in your area.

If you require any assistance finding your way around BE's many forums we have a team of concierges who will act as your tour guide...they will be pleased to help you. The concierge for the US forums is Kaffy Mintcake...please contact Kaffy if you need pointing in the right direction.

If you have any problems or concerns please contact a mod or admin. The mods for the US forums are Bob and MsElui. Although you can contact any mod or admin...there is usually one of us around 24/7.

Please give me a shout if I can be of further help. I look forward to seeing you in the US forums.
Old May 3rd 2011, 8:53 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MancLad.US
Hey guys. Just joined the site today, and thought I`d introduce myself, while I had a spare 5 minutes, while my youngest is occupied watching Bubble Guppies, and not barking up my leg...
My name`s Dave, and I`m originally from Manchester in the U.K. now living in Michigan USA. (It`s a good job I have a hot wife, otherwise I`d never have moved to such a crappy weather state...lol..)

Been here 4 and a half years now, and married with 6 children between us. I know right, buy a board game or somethin!!????...

I came across the site today, while I was looking for something else regarding expats, and had a nosey round. It seemed interesting, and here I am.

Sorry for the essay. Talking a glass eye to sleep is a personal goal. Anyway, I`ll stop there...nice to meet ya`s....
Hi Manclad

Welcome to BE, good to have you aboard and glad to hear the UK is not the only place for rubbish weather !!

Have you checked out our USA forum ? If not you will fin it by clicking on the 'forum index' tab on the pink bar at the top of this page. Scroll down the list of countries and double click on USA and you're in. I am sure a chatty chap like you would love it and what a great way to make new friends.

Enjoy

Dread - x
Old May 3rd 2011, 9:06 pm
Just Joined

Location: Michigan USA..where the weather is just as bad, if not worse than back home in Manchester.

Thanks for the info guys...AND the welcome. I`ll have me a little "mosy" on over to the US section in a bit..(see...I`m even starting to talk like the Yanks....)
Old May 3rd 2011, 9:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info guys...AND the welcome. I`ll have me a little "mosy" on over to the US section in a bit..(see...I`m even starting to talk like the Yanks....)
We'll soon put a stop to that.
Old May 3rd 2011, 9:16 pm
Just Joined

Glad to hear it...I still have a pretty broad Manc accent. So broad in fact, I have to slooooooow down to talk to certain people, because they look at me like I`m speaking Japanese. Now the people who actually LISTEN, don`t have any issues...ahh well...goes with the territory I guess....
Old May 3rd 2011, 9:30 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey, 6?

Anyway, welcome to BE!
Old May 3rd 2011, 10:12 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Kia ora MancLad. Glad you found us Which bit of Manchester are you from? and are you a red or a blue? (please don't say red ).

Happy posting
Old May 3rd 2011, 11:55 pm
Just Joined

Bob..unfortunately, YES...6!!..lol
I have a near 19 year old back home. My wife has a 17 year old, a 13 year old, a 10 year old, an 8 year old (who I adopted as a toddler), and then there is our little curl ball of joy who is going to be 4 in July...
Hence my receding hairline, and grey rim...

Hola Vital. Yep. Sorry mate, but I`m a red through and through. Not some bandwagon jumping glory hunter, might I add. Have been since 1973 or 4, when I went to my very first game.
I was born in Crumpsall, and raised in Newton Heath until we moved over to the Tameside area. I`ve lived in and around Manchester though. Gorton, Northern Moor, Moss Side, Longsight. Yeah, I`m a bit of a gypsy.
I ended up in Denton though before I met my wife, and came over here.

Thanks for the welcome guys...
Old May 4th 2011, 3:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome MancLad.US! I grew up 5 minutes south of Michigan in Toledo, Ohio. It's not all bad, I promise!

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions about the forum. I look forward to getting to know you.
Old May 4th 2011, 1:22 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Kaffy....likewise.
And yes...it is all that bad....
Old May 4th 2011, 10:54 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Bob..unfortunately, YES...6!!..lol
I have a near 19 year old back home. My wife has a 17 year old, a 13 year old, a 10 year old, an 8 year old (who I adopted as a toddler), and then there is our little curl ball of joy who is going to be 4 in July...
Hence my receding hairline, and grey rim...

Hola Vital. Yep. Sorry mate, but I`m a red through and through. Not some bandwagon jumping glory hunter, might I add. Have been since 1973 or 4, when I went to my very first game.
I was born in Crumpsall, and raised in Newton Heath until we moved over to the Tameside area. I`ve lived in and around Manchester though. Gorton, Northern Moor, Moss Side, Longsight. Yeah, I`m a bit of a gypsy.
I ended up in Denton though before I met my wife, and came over here.

Thanks for the welcome guys...
As you are a born & bred Manc, I'll let you off
Old May 6th 2011, 2:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Kaffy....likewise.
And yes...it is all that bad....
Okay - special MI tip for you. The art fair at the University of Michigan (Ann Arbor) is fantastic. It's held every year in July.

That's at least one bright spot (if it's somewhat close to you!) Also - this weather is NOT typical, so hang in there!
Old May 7th 2011, 3:04 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear it...I still have a pretty broad Manc accent. So broad in fact, I have to slooooooow down to talk to certain people, because they look at me like I`m speaking Japanese. Now the people who actually LISTEN, don`t have any issues...ahh well...goes with the territory I guess....
mate - im from surrey and speak fairly blandly but as soon as i open my trap their jaws drop and they are riveted. not to what i am saying but just the 'odd accent' i usually have to repeat 2 or 3 times before they can actually 'hear' the request. and ive been here in sunny (right!!) Ohio almost 4 years.
Old May 7th 2011, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

pTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of light

...Hola Vital. Yep. Sorry mate, but I`m a red through and through. Not some bandwagon jumping glory hunter, might I add. Have been since 1973 or 4, when I went to my very first game...
And thats the true reason why you left Manchester. Can't have any Man U Fans living in Manchester.

What d'ya call a Man U fan in Manchester when there's no game on?

Lost.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.