Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hey To Everyone. . .On Our Way to America

Hey To Everyone. . .On Our Way to America

Old Aug 7th 2010, 3:20 pm
Just Joined

chilis1986 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Hey To Everyone. . .On Our Way to America

Hi everybody, another newbie here. I would like to find out some info about moving to america. My wife is American and we will be going over in the next year or so by marriage visa. This is the best and practically the only option to us. My queiry for this post though is my school qualifications. I dont have the best grades but i know that when we go to the States they will need to be converted to a USA equivalent so that i can get work. Does anybody know any info on this situation.

My Grades were 7 GCSE's but none higher that a D (unfortunately).

Can anyone help me. Please. . . Thanks
Old Aug 7th 2010, 5:15 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hey To Everyone. . .

Originally Posted by chilis1986
Hi everybody, another newbie here. I would like to find out some info about moving to america. My wife is American and we will be going over in the next year or so by marriage visa. This is the best and practically the only option to us. My queiry for this post though is my school qualifications. I dont have the best grades but i know that when we go to the States they will need to be converted to a USA equivalent so that i can get work. Does anybody know any info on this situation.

Welcome to the Forum. The best place for you questions is going to be the Marriage Based Visa's Section and America General Section. There are some very knowledgeable users over there that will be able to help you. There is also the Wiki for the USA which will have a fair amount of the questions answered already.

Over in that direction the Moderators are Rete , meauxna , Noorah101 , Bob , MsElui.

The Trailer Park is like a Demilitarised Zone.

Once again welcome to the Forum, Hope you find what your looking for.

Last edited by Ka Ora!; Aug 7th 2010 at 5:28 pm.
Old Aug 8th 2010, 11:57 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hey To Everyone. . .On Our Way to America

Originally Posted by chilis1986

Welcome to the forum I can see that you have already kicked off by ansing a question...hopefully the replies you are getting are going some way answering your question.
Good luck with your plans
Old Aug 10th 2010, 1:27 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

I would imagine that you could claim the equivalent of 'completing high school' and they would take it at face value. they dont really have the same thing as GCSE's etc over here so there is not direct translation that i can think of and if you try and explain it to a US recruiter I could see their eyes just glazing over. Id keep it simple and say something like that.
Old Aug 14th 2010, 7:05 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Chilis

As my cohorts have pointed you in right direction forum wise, I would just like to add Welcome to BE.
I am sure someone on the USA forum side will be able to answer your query, and you will probably find answers to questions you hadn't even asked yet which will help make the move a smoother one!!!

Good luck with your planned move.

Dread - x