help please

Old Mar 10th 2011, 9:23 am
Just Joined

heather c is just really niceheather c is just really niceheather c is just really niceheather c is just really niceheather c is just really niceheather c is just really niceheather c is just really niceheather c is just really nice
Default help please

hi my names andy im 48 my partners 35 we have a nine year old son we are considering moving to belize within a year or so,by that time we should have around £80,000 stirling any advice would be welcome ie good schools,job oppotunities,property to rent,good location.well hope to hear from someone to help us on a path to a new life in the sun,thanks
Old Mar 10th 2011, 3:33 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: help please

Originally Posted by heather c
hi my names andy im 48 my partners 35 we have a nine year old son we are considering moving to belize within a year or so,by that time we should have around £80,000 stirling any advice would be welcome ie good schools,job oppotunities,property to rent,good location.well hope to hear from someone to help us on a path to a new life in the sun,thanks
Hi Heather,

Welcome to BE. Sounds like you are off on a grand adventure. I can't help you with your questions I'm afraid as I live in the US, but if you pop down to our Central and South America forum you may find some members who are moving or have moved your way.

If you get any of the site's bells and whistles please give me or any of the moderators a shout anytime.

Sue
Old Mar 10th 2011, 3:54 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome to BE.

Thank you for introducing yourself. I hope you enjoy being part of our cyber community of British expats.

Good luck with the move to Belize.
Old Mar 11th 2011, 1:40 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Heather and welcome to BE. I think Belize is one of those little best kept secrets in the world, isn't it? I've never been there but a friend of mine moved there many many years ago in the 70s and she just loved the place. Quite some years ago so I'm sure it's developed a lot since then. All the best with your move
Old Mar 11th 2011, 10:33 am
Just Joined

heather c is just really niceheather c is just really niceheather c is just really niceheather c is just really niceheather c is just really niceheather c is just really niceheather c is just really niceheather c is just really nice

thanks bakedbean are you still in contact with your friend in belize because if shes been there for so many years her knowledge could be a massive resource
Old Mar 11th 2011, 4:02 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

heather c, have you been there? IMO, being there with boots on the ground could be the most effective way to find what you need. There are only a few places (towns) to choose from, and little work, so if you need to work, you might narrow it down by availability first.
Old Mar 11th 2011, 6:01 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE good luck with your plans & happy posting
Old Mar 12th 2011, 8:46 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

thanks bakedbean are you still in contact with your friend in belize because if shes been there for so many years her knowledge could be a massive resource
Unfortunately not. This was so long ago, even before email. Must try and find her on facebook though I think she married a Belize guy so probably got different surname now. Difficult tracking down old friends sometimes.

All the best.
Old Mar 12th 2011, 10:22 am
Just Joined

yes you may have trouble there,as your friend could be back in the uk,who knows.Ive not long posted my plea for help so hope to get some sound advice soon.
Old Mar 12th 2011, 10:33 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by meauxna
heather c, have you been there? IMO, being there with boots on the ground could be the most effective way to find what you need. There are only a few places (towns) to choose from, and little work, so if you need to work, you might narrow it down by availability first.
no never been but had friends in services that have,all said great things,we are just trying to get an an insight from anyone living there to get their input.
Old Mar 12th 2011, 2:46 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

yes you may have trouble there,as your friend could be back in the uk,who knows.Ive not long posted my plea for help so hope to get some sound advice soon.
This forum is for welcoming new member to BE. If you want advice about a particular country you need to repost your questions in the relevant forum. Sue provided the link to that forum.
Old Mar 12th 2011, 4:18 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

no never been but had friends in services that have,all said great things,we are just trying to get an an insight from anyone living there to get their input.
IMO, having visited there and more over many years, you should take a several-week trip there before you even consider it.
It's a wonderful place, but it is definitely not for everyone.
Old Mar 12th 2011, 6:32 pm
Just Joined

yes we have got do a lot of research,but we are in no particular hurry,if belize sounds like the place for us we would go there for a long visit to get a the feel for the country,as you said boots on the ground.