Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Help for a Doctor moving to Oz

Help for a Doctor moving to Oz

Old Mar 4th 2010, 6:00 pm
Just Joined

mike.r is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help for a Doctor moving to Oz

Hi all i'm mike, and my fiancee' Rebekah is a Doctor working on an obsetrics training program here in UK. We are both really keen on moving to Oz, maybe melbourne or Sydney and are just looking for any help from some expats who may have moved in a similar way. Bex's is trying to work out how she may get on another training program at a hospital so any Doctors out there in any field who may have transfered programs that could give some advice would be good.

I am a general manager of a Natural Flooring company, I buy flooring from around the world and distribute it in the uk, i don't yet have any suppliers in Aus, so any contacts for flooring would also be a help.

We would welcome any tips on which agents to work with for our application, areas to consider moving to, we like eating / drinking out, would love to be close to the sea and somewhere we can settle in to plan starting a family.

Hope we can here from anyone who feels they can help us make the move.

M&B
Old Mar 5th 2010, 1:58 am
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help for a Doctor moving to Oz

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the forum.

The following agents all have an excellent reputation (lots of people have used them and are happy):

- Alan Collett from "Go Matilda" www.gomatilda.com
- George Lombard: www.austimmigration.com.au
and george[at]austimmigration[dot]com[dot]au
- Ian Harrop: www.ianharrop.co.uk/

If you do a search on their names, you can see their posts as well.

You might also want to do a search for a poster with the name mvt550. He is a doctor from the UK and moved over to Oz. I know he has given advice to other doctors before. He is in country NSW now.

Once you have made three posts, you can also send people PMs (personal messages).

Good luck with it all.
Old Mar 6th 2010, 10:39 am
Just Joined

mike.r is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help for a Doctor moving to Oz

thanks for being our first respondent, I will take a look at the names you have given us and seek out the British Doctor, we are going to our first emigrate show tomorrow so hope to learn more.

Thanks

M&B