Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Help- buying in Spain

Help- buying in Spain

Old Aug 28th 2014, 10:00 am
Just Joined

pinktutu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help- buying in Spain

Hi, I am new to the site and in dire need of some advice.

I have seen a house in the Costa Del Sol I wish to purchase.
The Agent advises me that it can be taken off the market once I pay a reservation fee.
Thats fine, I have the cash but I feel a little uneasy just handing monies over so I get in touch with a lawyer in Malaga (Maria Sanchez).
She runs through her fees and what to expect.
She confirms I need to send this amount to secure the property plus her fee's in advance, the money would be sent to a client account held with herself.
I have asked her as to whether I should see a purchase contract before hand and she says its not always necessary.
Up to now all I have are emails and nothing in writing from the lawyer to the estate agents, is this the norm ?
Old Aug 28th 2014, 10:08 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help- buying in Spain

Originally Posted by pinktutu
Hi, I am new to the site and in dire need of some advice.

I have seen a house in the Costa Del Sol I wish to purchase.
The Agent advises me that it can be taken off the market once I pay a reservation fee.
Thats fine, I have the cash but I feel a little uneasy just handing monies over so I get in touch with a lawyer in Malaga (Maria Sanchez).
She runs through her fees and what to expect.
She confirms I need to send this amount to secure the property plus her fee's in advance, the money would be sent to a client account held with herself.
I have asked her as to whether I should see a purchase contract before hand and she says its not always necessary.
Up to now all I have are emails and nothing in writing from the lawyer to the estate agents, is this the norm ?

Have you actually seen the house, or just on the internet. What people on here usually advise is to rent somewhere for about a year in the area you want to make sure it's the right area for you, living and holidying in a area are totally different things. A post in the Spain forum would be more likely to give you better results as this is really only an introduction forum, you can find the Spain forum here.

Spain - British Expats
Old Aug 28th 2014, 10:16 am
Just Joined

pinktutu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help- buying in Spain

Sorry hadn't realized, thanks will re-post.

We know the area well and have visited the property twice.

Thanks