Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hello - we're bound for Australia!

Hello - we're bound for Australia!

Old Aug 10th 2010, 4:25 pm
Just Joined

Whinifred is just really niceWhinifred is just really niceWhinifred is just really niceWhinifred is just really niceWhinifred is just really niceWhinifred is just really niceWhinifred is just really niceWhinifred is just really nice
Default Hello - we're bound for Australia!

Hi all

Hubby and I are relocating to the Gold Coast in Queensland in November this year. We have a son who went to Oz 2.5 years ago (supposedly for 6 months!) and now lives and works there, and an adult daughter who feels her life is in the UK. So will be tricky keeping everyone happy but we're confident we can do it! Very very excited, especially today as it has not stopped raining and feels more like October than August! Hope to make lots of new friends and live our dream in beautiful Australia.
Old Aug 10th 2010, 4:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello - we're bound for Australia!

Originally Posted by Whinifred
Hi all

Hubby and I are relocating to the Gold Coast in Queensland in November this year. We have a son who went to Oz 2.5 years ago (supposedly for 6 months!) and now lives and works there, and an adult daughter who feels her life is in the UK. So will be tricky keeping everyone happy but we're confident we can do it! Very very excited, especially today as it has not stopped raining and feels more like October than August! Hope to make lots of new friends and live our dream in beautiful Australia.
Hi there and welcome to BE.

Yes it's a very exciting time for you all and hopefully your daughter will join you.

We have a great bunch of people who post in our Australia Forum...they will give you tips and advice on life Down Under. Many live on the Gold Coast...so you may be able to meet up with a few. Take a look in the BE Wiki...you'll find loads of useful info in there.

Before you begin posting please take time to read through the Site Rules and any stickied threads or announcements that may be posted at the top of each forum's index page.

Alistairboyle is the concierge for the Australia forums...he will act as your tour guide to help you navigate the many BE forums. So if you have any problems finding your way around our many forums please contact him.

For all other issues please contact a moderator or admin. Every BE forum has at least one moderator dedicated to that forum...Australia has 4...Cresta57, Monneypenny20, Sonlymewalter and Centurion.

I hope you enjoy your time with us and don't forget to shout out should you require any help.
Old Aug 10th 2010, 7:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE Whinifred

Maybe your Daughter will follow you to OZ one day? I would gladly swap your cool temps and rain for the over 100's we are getting here

Good luck with the move, hope it all goes smoothly
Old Aug 11th 2010, 8:47 am
Just Joined

Whinifred is just really niceWhinifred is just really niceWhinifred is just really niceWhinifred is just really niceWhinifred is just really niceWhinifred is just really niceWhinifred is just really niceWhinifred is just really nice

Originally Posted by Englishtart
Welcome to BE Whinifred

Maybe your Daughter will follow you to OZ one day? I would gladly swap your cool temps and rain for the over 100's we are getting here
Thank you. Yes maybe she will follow us .....I hope so!

You may like the rain for a day or two, but we've hardly had any nice weather since mid July! Not sure why I'm surprised though - it is typical for the UK

Over 100's is hot ....though it's part (well, a lot ) of the reason we're moving to Australia!
Old Aug 11th 2010, 1:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Whinifred
Thank you. Yes maybe she will follow us .....I hope so!

You may like the rain for a day or two, but we've hardly had any nice weather since mid July! Not sure why I'm surprised though - it is typical for the UK

Over 100's is hot ....though it's part (well, a lot ) of the reason we're moving to Australia!
Yeah, I heard that it was a wierd Summer in the UK this year, actually a couple weeks of high temps

When you don't see the sun for most of the year, I can understand how you would want to follow it to OZ. I'm not sure I could cope with those big spiders there though

Good luck sweety, I'm sure you will love it
Old Aug 12th 2010, 4:28 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishtart
Yeah, I heard that it was a wierd Summer in the UK this year, actually a couple weeks of high temps

When you don't see the sun for most of the year, I can understand how you would want to follow it to OZ. I'm not sure I could cope with those big spiders there though

Good luck sweety, I'm sure you will love it
Hi Whinifred

Welcome to BE. I am sure you will find lots of helpful tips and advice on the Australia forum to help your move go smoothly as well as fiind a few new friends in the area you are moving to.
I can totally identify with the dream of finding somewhere with nice sunny weather after our supposed summer in the UK. Enjoy living the dream.

Good luck

Dread - x