Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hello From Wales! Looking To Move Away...

Hello From Wales! Looking To Move Away...

Old Jan 29th 2011, 12:05 am
Just Joined

WaxMechaniK is just really niceWaxMechaniK is just really niceWaxMechaniK is just really niceWaxMechaniK is just really niceWaxMechaniK is just really niceWaxMechaniK is just really niceWaxMechaniK is just really niceWaxMechaniK is just really nice
Smile Hello From Wales! Looking To Move Away...

Hi all

Hello chan Cymru!

I'm Dale, currently a freelance Graphic Designer in the UK. Graduated a few years ago, but where I live in Wales, freelance is pretty much the only option. I worked in London for a short while but didn't like it and haven't gone back since. But I'm now looking for a fresh start away from the UK, a totally different lifestyle, and a better design career.

I'm looking at moving to another English-speaking country like USA, Canada, Oz, or NZ. Found this site and hoping to gain a better understanding and some advice on how (and if) I can make the move.

Looking forward to getting stuck in!

Old Jan 29th 2011, 12:12 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello From Wales! Looking To Move Away...

Hi Dale and welcome to B.E.

I'm posting to give you a point of contact should you need any help with the site in general. You can contact me here.

A list of all the moderators and helpers with their relevant countries can be found here.

Any problems, dont hesitate to PM me.

I'm sure you can find your way around but if not, give me a hoy!

Alistair.
Old Jan 29th 2011, 12:30 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WaxMechaniK
Hi all

Hello chan Cymru!

I'm Dale, currently a freelance Graphic Designer in the UK. Graduated a few years ago, but where I live in Wales, freelance is pretty much the only option. I worked in London for a short while but didn't like it and haven't gone back since. But I'm now looking for a fresh start away from the UK, a totally different lifestyle, and a better design career.

I'm looking at moving to another English-speaking country like USA, Canada, Oz, or NZ. Found this site and hoping to gain a better understanding and some advice on how (and if) I can make the move.

Hey Dale...welcome to the site.

I used to live in North Wales...on the Welsh/English Cheshire border. The US is one of the most difficult countries to move to. Take a look at this...basically unless you fit into one of those categories the US isn't in your future. Australia/NZ/Canada are easier. I suggest you take a look down this list and ask your questions in the appropriate forums.

You seem to be finding your way around the forums...just in case you get a little lost we have a team of concierges who will direct you around the website. You can find a list of their names at the bottom right hand side of this page...their names are in standard font.

For all other problems or concerns please contact a moderator...their names are located at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index page. Moderators' names are in bold font.

Please don't hesitate to shout out if you need any help...there's usually a mod/admin/concierge around 24/7.
Old Jan 29th 2011, 12:47 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

Hello chan Cymru!

Can you give the Ospreys a good kick up the arse before you leave? There's tidy.
Old Jan 29th 2011, 3:10 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi WaxMechaniK,

Welcome to BE, you've certainly come to the right place to pick up tips and moving abroad.

I hope you enjoy your time as a member here
Old Jan 29th 2011, 7:58 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Dale

Welcome to BE.

You have definitely come to the right place to find out about the different places you are considering moving to, and you will find a forum for each of those countries on the forum index page.
You can also find out all about the visa processes, as well as lots of information from those expats who have made the move.

Good luck with your search, and all the best for your future journeys.

Dread - x
Old Jan 31st 2011, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

cliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

Hello chan Cymru!

Hi Dale,

My name is Cliff, just logged in and this being my first message sent out.
Well at present we are neighbours you from Swansea and myself from Caerphilly.
I am looking into further information on whether to move to Texas USA and marry my Fiance' or my Fiance' move to Wales.
For the past 2 years i was going to stay in wales, now as far as the government decisions is concerned i am thinking twice myself, and searching for further advice for anyone who has chosen the same move as we are considering.
The only thing that puts me off is Cost of Health Insurance, your OK if you have your insurance with an employer, but not privately!

Look forward in hearing from you!
Old Jan 31st 2011, 9:01 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cliff1961
Hi Dale,

My name is Cliff, just logged in and this being my first message sent out.
Well at present we are neighbours you from Swansea and myself from Caerphilly.
I am looking into further information on whether to move to Texas USA and marry my Fiance' or my Fiance' move to Wales.
For the past 2 years i was going to stay in wales, now as far as the government decisions is concerned i am thinking twice myself, and searching for further advice for anyone who has chosen the same move as we are considering.
The only thing that puts me off is Cost of Health Insurance, your OK if you have your insurance with an employer, but not privately!

Look forward in hearing from you!
If you need any help or info with the immigration process to the US please post in the US Marriage Based Visa forum. You'll get loads of help from the posters in that forum.
Old Jan 31st 2011, 9:03 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

WaxMechaniK...could you please remove your avatar and take a look at the Site Rules.

Thank you.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

WaxMechaniK is just really niceWaxMechaniK is just really niceWaxMechaniK is just really niceWaxMechaniK is just really niceWaxMechaniK is just really niceWaxMechaniK is just really niceWaxMechaniK is just really niceWaxMechaniK is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
WaxMechaniK...could you please remove your avatar and take a look at the Site Rules.

Thank you.
The only 'rule' suggesting a reason to remove my avatar is the one regarding advertising. But my avatar is not there to advertise, it represents me and who I am. A shame really, but I'll change it anyway.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 7:20 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for all the welcomes! Much appreciated

I'm eager to move more and more each day. Looking forward to joining in and getting the answers and knowledge I need.

Oh and nice to know there's locals who want to move too!