Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hello from Sunny SoCal!

Hello from Sunny SoCal!

Old Apr 14th 2011, 5:47 am
Just Joined

Parlay is a name known to allParlay is a name known to allParlay is a name known to allParlay is a name known to allParlay is a name known to allParlay is a name known to allParlay is a name known to allParlay is a name known to allParlay is a name known to allParlay is a name known to allParlay is a name known to all
Default Hello from Sunny SoCal!

Hi Everyone!

My name is Gemma and I'm originally from the Brighton area where I lived for 23 years. 5 years ago I moved to the US to marry my husband. We have always planned on eventually moving back to UK and are looking to do so in the next few years before our child starts school.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!
Old Apr 14th 2011, 12:18 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello from Sunny SoCal!

Hi Gemma,

Welcome to BE, you've come to the right place to connect with Brits in the USA and we've also got a great Moving Back to the UK forum where I know you will pick up lots of tips and info.

I hope you stick around and will enjoy being part of our community. Please don't hesitate to give myself, or the moderators a shout if you get stuck on anything and you can also post anytime in our Site Feedback forum.

Sue
Old Apr 14th 2011, 1:01 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Parlay
Hi Everyone!

My name is Gemma and I'm originally from the Brighton area where I lived for 23 years. 5 years ago I moved to the US to marry my husband. We have always planned on eventually moving back to UK and are looking to do so in the next few years before our child starts school.

Hi Gemma...welcome to BE.

You'll love our Moving Back To The UK Forum...the people that post in there are a great supportive bunch. They will give you loads of tips and advice about moving home. We also have several members living in SoCal who post in the US Forums.

I hope you enjoy your time with us. Please shout out if you need help with anything. Once again welcome.
Old May 23rd 2011, 12:11 am
Just Joined

Parlay is a name known to allParlay is a name known to allParlay is a name known to allParlay is a name known to allParlay is a name known to allParlay is a name known to allParlay is a name known to allParlay is a name known to allParlay is a name known to allParlay is a name known to allParlay is a name known to all

Hi Everyone!

Thanks, Sue and Jerseygirl. Sorry it's been so long since I've returned. It's a busy life working and taking care of a 10 month old!
Old May 23rd 2011, 4:32 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Kia ora & a very warm welcome to BE . Good luck with all your plans for heading back to Blighty. Do you plan to go back to Brighton? ( I be nosy me!)
Old May 23rd 2011, 6:41 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome from Spain.

I see that you have already been pointed towards the Moving Back to the UK forum where you will find a wealth of information and helpful advice.

Enjoy your baby, they grow up so fast.

Rosemary
Old May 23rd 2011, 7:11 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Hi and welcome from Spain.

I see that you have already been pointed towards the Moving Back to the UK forum where you will find a wealth of information and helpful advice.

Enjoy your baby, they grow up so fast.

Rosemary
Vitalstatistix, yes we plan to return to the Brighton-area. All my family except my little brother live in that area.

Rosemary, thank you for the welcome. Yes, they grow up SO fast. I can't believe he will be one in a few months. What happened to my little baby?
Old May 23rd 2011, 11:20 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, Sue and Jerseygirl. Sorry it's been so long since I've returned. It's a busy life working and taking care of a 10 month old!
No worries at all, we are always here