Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hello from South Wales

Hello from South Wales

Old Nov 13th 2019, 7:05 am
Just Joined

mouseluxi is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Hello from South Wales

Hi, my name's Luxi - I'm not an ex-pat yet, but am at the embryonic stage of looking to leave Wales for America.

My eldest daughter is marrying an American chap in a couple of months and plans to move out there next summer, green card application all going well. As they're planning on starting a family when they're all settled I feel I should go & be support for her and to be generally invovled though I'd be looking to work there too.

I've joined this forum to talk to people going through the same sort of journey and for advice and support! It's a fair way off at the moment I know, but the seed's been planted now.. all big moves start somewhere right?
Old Nov 13th 2019, 9:01 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello from South Wales

Hi Luxi, and welcome to BE.

Head on over to our US forums and you'll find lots of lovely people who can help you. Our US immigration section is for all of your queries relating to how you'll get a visa and the main US forums are where you can ask about everything else i.e. lifestyle/health insurance/etc. Because it'll be such a long wait for your daughter to sponsor you, it may be worth posting in the immi section with info on your job and qualifications, to see if people can suggest another route instead.

Best of luck with your plans.
Old Nov 14th 2019, 9:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello from South Wales

Good luck but be prepared for the harsh reality that for you a visa may be very difficult.