Hello from UK

Old Nov 13th 2010, 5:50 am
Just Joined

J45ON is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello from UK

Hi guys.

glad i've found this site, i'm a born and bread English man whom is married with children, i'm 40 years old.
Having discussed many times with my wife, we would love to emergrate to USA. problem is where do we start, what do we do.
we have been many times to USA for holidays, with the last trip being our wedding in Hawaii.

again a big friendly hello and if anyone can point me in the right direction will be very much appreciated.

best regards
Jay. (UK)
Old Nov 13th 2010, 10:07 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello from UK

Hi Jay

Welcome to BE.
You have certainly come to the right place for information about moving abroad.
We have a forum dedicated to expats moving to and living in the USA. You will find it by clicking on the 'forum index' button on the pink bar at the top of the page. Scroll down the list of countries and you will see USA - double click on there and you're in.
There is also a US immigration forum which is full of infiormation on all the things you need to know and do when emigrating there - well worth you having a good look at that as it will give you the eligibility factors and the steps you need to take.
Pop across and introduce yourself on these forums, ask as many questions as you like, and the good folks on there will be only too willing to respond with information, tips and advice to make the whole process easier for you.

Don't forget to also have some fun as well and join in some the existing threads on the forum.

Good luck with your plans

Dread - x
Old Nov 13th 2010, 11:03 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by J45ON
Hi guys.

glad i've found this site, i'm a born and bread English man whom is married with children, i'm 40 years old.
Having discussed many times with my wife, we would love to emergrate to USA. problem is where do we start, what do we do.
we have been many times to USA for holidays, with the last trip being our wedding in Hawaii.

again a big friendly hello and if anyone can point me in the right direction will be very much appreciated.

best regards
Jay. (UK)

Hello Jay and welcome to BE.

I bet you had a blast in Hawaii...it's my favourite place in the world. Visiting the US is nothing like living here and it's one of the hardest countries for Brits to move to. Take a read through
this...if you don't fit into one of these categories then I'm afraid you won't be able to move to the US.

I suggest you pop over to our US Forums and take a look around. The link I have given you takes you to the main page of the US Forums...at the top of that page you will see a list of sub forums. The top one listed is the Immigration Forum...please post all questions regarding the actual immigration process in there. The Main forum is for discussing subject relating to the US and the Trailer Park Forum is for general chit chat.

If you require any assistance finding your way around BE's many forums we have a team of concierges who will act as your tour guide...they will be pleased to help you. The concierge for the US forums is Kaffy Mintcake...please contact her if you need pointing in the right direction.

If you have any problems or concerns please contact a mod or admin. The mods for the US forums are Bob and MsElui. The mods for the US Immigration forums are Rete, Meauxna, Noorah101, Bob and MsElui.

Depending on your skills or family connections Canada or Australia maybe an option for you. If so please let me know and I will provide you with the relevant links. Please give me a shout if I can be of further help. I look forward to seeing you in the US forums.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Nov 13th 2010 at 11:05 am.
Old Nov 13th 2010, 1:29 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jay,

Welcome to BE. I hope you enjoy being part of our community. Jerseygirl has given you some really great links, my suggestion would be to read as much here as you can, including relevant posts, and that way you will have a better idea of what questions to ask. Our members are really great at sharing their migration experiences, but as Jerseygirl wrote it is extremely difficult to move to the US.

Sue