Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hello from an old fool up a Spanish mountain

Hello from an old fool up a Spanish mountain

Old Nov 5th 2009, 4:04 pm
Just Joined

VictoriaTwead is just really niceVictoriaTwead is just really niceVictoriaTwead is just really niceVictoriaTwead is just really niceVictoriaTwead is just really niceVictoriaTwead is just really niceVictoriaTwead is just really niceVictoriaTwead is just really nice
Default Hello from an old fool up a Spanish mountain

I nagged poor long-suffering Joe into relocating to a teeny, tiny mountain village in Andalucia, Spain, five years ago. We absolutely love it, although all sorts of things have happened to us that we could never have predicted, like becoming (reluctant) chicken farmers and owning probably the most dangerous cockerel in Spain.

We spend our time writing, collecting eggs, entertaining visitors from the UK and laughing at the many scrapes we get into.

Looking forward to meeting other British Expats on this forum.

Victoria
Old Nov 5th 2009, 9:34 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hello from an old fool up a Spanish mountain

Originally Posted by VictoriaTwead
I nagged poor long-suffering Joe into relocating to a teeny, tiny mountain village in Andalucia, Spain, five years ago. We absolutely love it, although all sorts of things have happened to us that we could never have predicted, like becoming (reluctant) chicken farmers and owning probably the most dangerous cockerel in Spain.

We spend our time writing, collecting eggs, entertaining visitors from the UK and laughing at the many scrapes we get into.

Victoria
Welcome to the forum Victoria....
Old Nov 5th 2009, 11:56 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Victoria,

A big welcome to BE. I hope you enjoy using the site. Pop over to the Spain forum, and say hi and get to know everyone.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Sue
Old Nov 6th 2009, 12:15 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Victoria
You sound like a lot of fun, Victoria! I look forward to your posts.. anyone who has become a reluctant chicken farmer must have good stories!
There are a few forums dedicated to Spain here, check it out: http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=75
Old Nov 6th 2009, 12:39 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

OOooo. Chickens ! I have just become the accidental owner of just one hen.
Although we ain't to call her that down here in New Zealand. It's chook.

Welcome to BE and Happy Postings around the site.
Old Nov 6th 2009, 6:57 am
Just Joined

VictoriaTwead is just really niceVictoriaTwead is just really niceVictoriaTwead is just really niceVictoriaTwead is just really niceVictoriaTwead is just really niceVictoriaTwead is just really niceVictoriaTwead is just really niceVictoriaTwead is just really nice

Well, I woke up this morning, tripped over Joe's slippers, had 2 cups of coffee, turned on the computer, and lo and behold! lots of nice welcomes waiting for me. I think I'm going to enjoy it here...

Yes, I do have lots of good stories. I tried to put up a blog, but it didn't seem to save for me. I just ended up with a block of text and no title. So if anyone would like to explain to an old fool what she did wrong, my day would be complete.

And if someone could teach Joe to tidy his slippers away, my life would be utterly perfect.

Victoria
Old Nov 9th 2009, 7:51 am
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Victoria and welcome to BE.

I am now living in Australia but before that enjoyed many trips to Spain. You are very lucky to live there.

I enjoyed reading Driving Over Lemons and A Parrot in a Pepper Tree by Chris Stewart so I will look out for you book too.

Ren xx
Old Nov 9th 2009, 1:52 pm
Just Joined

Hello Bevs,

I hope you are enjoying your new chook. Accidental owner? That sounds very much like us...

Hello Ren,

Thanks for the welcome. 'Chickens' has been descibed as 'James Herriott meets Chris Stewart' so I hope you enjoy it. Where in Aus are you? I have a daughter in Sydney (engaged to a nice Aussie boy) and Joe and I toured Queensland last year. Loved it!

Victoria
Old Nov 9th 2009, 2:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE Victoria...sounds like you have an interesting life I have a couple of Brit friends that have holiday homes in Spain, but they still keep 'one foot' in the UK (for now!)

Have fun
Old Nov 9th 2009, 4:34 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I do have lots of good stories. I tried to put up a blog, but it didn't seem to save for me. I just ended up with a block of text and no title. So if anyone would like to explain to an old fool what she did wrong, my day would be complete.

And if someone could teach Joe to tidy his slippers away, my life would be utterly perfect.

Victoria
I can't help with the slippers, Victoria, but it you want to try again with the blog, I'll give it a whack. Hopefully/probably your work (typing) is still there, just not 'published' yet.
Old Nov 9th 2009, 5:35 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by meauxna
I can't help with the slippers, Victoria, but it you want to try again with the blog, I'll give it a whack. Hopefully/probably your work (typing) is still there, just not 'published' yet.
Thanks, Meauxna, that's very noble of you. I'll have another go at it tomorrow. And I've solved the slipper problem, I've sewn elastic to them like children's mittens. Now when he hangs his bath robe up, the slippers dangle too. I haven't told him yet...

Victoria
Old Nov 9th 2009, 10:34 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, so you're the woman with THE man who puts the seat down?