Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hello from Newcastle UK

Hello from Newcastle UK

Old Jan 15th 2016, 7:07 pm
Just Joined

LouiseJ88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello from Newcastle UK

Hi, I'm Louise I am married with 2 children aged 2 and 3 1/2 I have been looking into moving to Australia for the last 18 months, Gold Coast being my number 1 choice so far. I am due to receive my Veterinary nurse Qualification next year and my husband is a heavy vehicle driver, I would love to move to Australia in the next 5 years after I've received my qualification and had at least a years paid work experience and currently have a savings account where I'm saving as much as possible for a possible move. I hope here I can gain some information so I can prepare and organise myself ready for a move. Luckily we have had blessings to move from both sides of our families and hopefully we will have a holiday next summer to Australia so we can get a feel for the place
Old Jan 15th 2016, 10:34 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello from Newcastle UK

Hello Louise and welcome to the forum

Please do check out the Australia section of the forum. You can follow this link below:
Australia - British Expats

You will see there are various sections within that. There's a section on Immigration. If you have any questions about the visa process, then post in there. Fire away. Someone will help you out.

Hope it all works out.
Old Jan 17th 2016, 8:06 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

What an interesting job & such a worthy one too for those of us with pets.

BakedBean has already given you the link to our Australia forum.

Just pop on down . There are plenty that have made the move to Australia and will be happy to chat about anything Australian

All the best
BEVS
Old Jan 20th 2016, 12:11 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LouiseJ88
Hi, I'm Louise I am married with 2 children aged 2 and 3 1/2 I have been looking into moving to Australia for the last 18 months, Gold Coast being my number 1 choice so far. I am due to receive my Veterinary nurse Qualification next year and my husband is a heavy vehicle driver, I would love to move to Australia in the next 5 years after I've received my qualification and had at least a years paid work experience and currently have a savings account where I'm saving as much as possible for a possible move. I hope here I can gain some information so I can prepare and organise myself ready for a move. Luckily we have had blessings to move from both sides of our families and hopefully we will have a holiday next summer to Australia so we can get a feel for the place
The first place to look is at Australian Government Department of Immigration and Border Protection to see what visa you think you might qualify for. Unfortunately I'm not sure vet nurse and/or heavy vehicle driver would qualify you for a skilled visa.
Old Jan 20th 2016, 2:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LouiseJ88
Currently veterinary nurse is appearing in the CSOL which means that you could only get a visa if you could secure state or employer sponsorship. I think employer sponsorship is completely unrealistic as this is a very popular line of work and currently there are only a couple of states sponsoring the occupation which are Northern Territory and South Australia.

Obviously you are not ready to apply just yet as you are not qualified and do not have sufficient experience. All you can do is hope your occupation remains on the lists and remains on a state sponsorship list. Unless you fancy a holiday in Australia anyway, I certainly would not be planning a reccie visit as the chances of you pulling this off would seem to be up in the air at the moment.