Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hello from newbie, in Portugal

Hello from newbie, in Portugal

Old Jun 23rd 2010, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Costa de Caparica: 2007-2010. Then Olivais, Lisboa: 2010-2017. Currently back in Cambridge, UK.
ah207 has a reputation beyond reputeah207 has a reputation beyond reputeah207 has a reputation beyond reputeah207 has a reputation beyond reputeah207 has a reputation beyond reputeah207 has a reputation beyond reputeah207 has a reputation beyond reputeah207 has a reputation beyond reputeah207 has a reputation beyond reputeah207 has a reputation beyond reputeah207 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hello from newbie, in Portugal

Hi - been meaning to join the forum for some time - and finally got round to it. I've actually been in Portugal for 3 years now - so just starting to feel the need get better organised as I have had my contract re-newed for another 3 years. I do have some queries regarding the usual stuff - residency permits, propery purchase - basically any information I may be able to get from forum members who have prior experience would be enormous help. If there is a search function, I may be able to get the info I need without having to clog up the forum with questions that have been asked before.

Thank you in advance!
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 1:35 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello from newbie.

Hi & welcome to finally joining the site

Have a look here which is the sub forum for Portugal where you can chat with others either in Portugal or making the move over.

Welcome again

DEwb09
Old Jun 24th 2010, 8:53 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello from newbie, in Portugal

Hi and welcome to the forum, from a near neighbour!
Old Jun 24th 2010, 9:19 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome to British Expats! I am far away in Canada but have spent many a holiday in Portugal - am very jealous!
Old Jun 24th 2010, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

Location: Costa de Caparica: 2007-2010. Then Olivais, Lisboa: 2010-2017. Currently back in Cambridge, UK.
ah207 has a reputation beyond reputeah207 has a reputation beyond reputeah207 has a reputation beyond reputeah207 has a reputation beyond reputeah207 has a reputation beyond reputeah207 has a reputation beyond reputeah207 has a reputation beyond reputeah207 has a reputation beyond reputeah207 has a reputation beyond reputeah207 has a reputation beyond reputeah207 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello from newbie.

Originally Posted by Dewb09
Hi & welcome to finally joining the site

Have a look here which is the sub forum for Portugal where you can chat with others either in Portugal or making the move over.

Welcome again

DEwb09
Thanks for the warm welcome - I've already made inroads in the Portugal sub forum. Congratulations on an excellent (and genuinely useful!) site.
Old Jun 24th 2010, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Hi and welcome to British Expats! I am far away in Canada but have spent many a holiday in Portugal - am very jealous!
Hi - and thanks for the welcome. Would you believe it I have a Canadian colleague working right here with me (he's married to a Portuguese girl) - so we often discuss the merits/downsides to living in Canada-UK-Portugal. I guess its unavoidable to make comparisons when you're living abroad
Old Jun 24th 2010, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo
Hi and welcome to the forum, from a near neighbour!

Thanks - I see there is a strong representation in this forum from the Iberian Peninsula!
Old Jun 24th 2010, 4:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome.

I'm pleased to see you've already received a very warm welcome from our concierge team.

Yes indeed we do have a search function...it is located in the pink bar at the top of the page. Go to Advanced search and put in a word or phrase...choose whether you want to search the thread titles or every post. Then select the forum you wish to search. If you have a problem give me a shout. Also check out the BE Wiki...loads of useful info in there.

If you have any problems finding your way around the many BE forums please contact one of our concierge members...they will be pleased to help you. For any other problems or concerns please contact the forum mod...the mod for Portugal is Miztyboy but if he isn't around you can contact any mod/admin.
Old Jun 25th 2010, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Hello and welcome.

I'm pleased to see you've already received a very warm welcome from our concierge team.

Yes indeed we do have a search function...it is located in the pink bar at the top of the page. Go to Advanced search and put in a word or phrase...choose whether you want to search the thread titles or every post. Then select the forum you wish to search. If you have a problem give me a shout. Also check out the BE Wiki...loads of useful info in there.

If you have any problems finding your way around the many BE forums please contact one of our concierge members...they will be pleased to help you. For any other problems or concerns please contact the forum mod...the mod for Portugal is Miztyboy but if he isn't around you can contact any mod/admin.
Thank you for the extra info and notes - joining the forum has already helped me out with a couple of things - and I'm doing the searches for other queries. It seems many of the questions I had in mind have already been asked and discussed in detail here - so I have plenty to go on. Wish I'd joined sooner - might have been able to save myself several wasted trips to various public offices!!

Thanks again - the forum is now firmly bookmarked on my firefox toolbar!