Newbie !!

Old Nov 24th 2017, 9:27 pm
Just Joined

Paul Kloegman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Newbie !!

Hello everyone !!
Old Nov 25th 2017, 6:35 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie !!

Originally Posted by Paul Kloegman
Hello everyone !!
Hello.
Old Nov 25th 2017, 6:45 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everyone !!
A little bit about you would be helpful, where are you, are you looking to move to another country?

In the meantime please have a quick read of the site rules, beige bar at the top, and should you have any site related problems please contact one of the moderators, names in bold at the bottom of each forum page.
Old Nov 25th 2017, 8:17 pm
Just Joined

I´m a British citizen but have been living abroad since the 70's.

My wife will be attending Uni at Kent for her masters degree, and I will be accompanying her to the UK. As she only holds a Canadian passport she will be taking an extended visitors visa for 2 years. My question is whether I would be liable for UK tax if i stay for two years with her, or should I exercise the option of myself being included on her visa for the duration of the time.

Thanks all.
Old Nov 25th 2017, 8:21 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

My wife will be attending Uni at Kent for her masters degree, and I will be accompanying her to the UK. As she only holds a Canadian passport she will be taking an extended visitors visa for 2 years. My question is whether I would be liable for UK tax if i stay for two years with her, or should I exercise the option of myself being included on her visa for the duration of the time.

Thanks all.
You are a British Citizen so cannot get a visa of any kind for the UK, if you move here and stay for the time then you will automatically be tax resident and liable for UK tax. There is really no way around that.
Old Nov 25th 2017, 8:25 pm
Just Joined

That´s what I thought.

Many thanks Mikelincs !
Old Nov 25th 2017, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

Further to my last post, would the separate income of my Canadian wife, on a student visa, be subject to taxation by virtue of her marriage to me?
Old Nov 25th 2017, 8:34 pm
Concierge

Further to my last post, would the separate income of my Canadian wife, on a student visa, be subject to taxation by virtue of her marriage to me?
You would be better off asking the question in the Canada forum or the moving back to the UK forum as this is really only for introductions.
Old Nov 27th 2017, 5:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all.
There is no such thing as an extended visitor visa for two years. Once can obtain a visitor visa which is valid for 2 years, but one can only stay up to 6 months at a time.

Maybe you mean she is obtaining a student visa?