Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hello from a newbie!

Hello from a newbie!

Old Sep 2nd 2015, 5:15 pm
Just Joined

Anitalou is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello from a newbie!

Hi everyone. Completely new to these forums so please bear with me. Recently moved to Penang from the UK with my husband ,57 and my son, 30 who has cerebral palsy. Enjoying it so far, especially the food. Hoping to meet new like minded people too. We were both photographers in the UK but now just keep it up as a hobby. My husband is very keen on macro and looking for new places to explore this avenue. Looking forward to being part of this forum
Old Sep 2nd 2015, 5:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

themajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello from a newbie!

Welcome to the FORUMS
Old Sep 3rd 2015, 12:50 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hello there and welcome to the forum from another Penang resident

Glad you're enjoying it here despite the awful haze at the moment. The weather can only get better.

Hope you have found the Malaysia section of the forum already? See you over there.
Old Sep 3rd 2015, 4:13 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by themajor
Welcome to the FORUMS
Thank you
Old Sep 3rd 2015, 4:17 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Hello there and welcome to the forum from another Penang resident

Glad you're enjoying it here despite the awful haze at the moment. The weather can only get better.

Hope you have found the Malaysia section of the forum already? See you over there.
Thank you and nice to meet you. I have read several of your posts. Yes, the haze is really bad just now. Enjoying the heat but struggling with the humidity. Spending a fortune on anti frizz hair products!
Haven't found that yet, where is it?
Old Sep 3rd 2015, 8:39 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

The Malaysia section is here:
Malaysia - British Expats
Just click on the link above and it will take you there.

I've been in SE Asia more than 10 years now and I still don't like the humidity. And, yep, isn't it just great for fine Caucasian hair. I've found the best way is to either have hair cut really really short, or grow it long so you've got some weight to it and tie back.
Old Sep 3rd 2015, 9:00 pm
Just Joined

Cool Re: Hello from a newbie!

Originally Posted by bakedbean
The Malaysia section is here:
Malaysia - British Expats
Just click on the link above and it will take you there.

I've been in SE Asia more than 10 years now and I still don't like the humidity. And, yep, isn't it just great for fine Caucasian hair. I've found the best way is to either have hair cut really really short, or grow it long so you've got some weight to it and tie back.
Thank you for the link.
My hair is longish and I tend to tie it back all the time but it gets boring. It's also high maintenance looking after it. Don't suppose you know a really good hairdresser for our type of hair? Mines colored blond. Found one that's ok but not 100% really.
Old Sep 4th 2015, 3:25 pm

Welcome Inn is just for Introductions, so I'll send you a PM. Maybe you might want to start up a Hairdressers in Penang topic in the Malaysia section ?