Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hello New Community! Advise for Study Visa Needed Please

Hello New Community! Advise for Study Visa Needed Please

Old Apr 3rd 2016, 11:49 am
Just Joined

Fliksokka has a reputation beyond reputeFliksokka has a reputation beyond reputeFliksokka has a reputation beyond reputeFliksokka has a reputation beyond reputeFliksokka has a reputation beyond reputeFliksokka has a reputation beyond reputeFliksokka has a reputation beyond reputeFliksokka has a reputation beyond reputeFliksokka has a reputation beyond reputeFliksokka has a reputation beyond reputeFliksokka has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hello New Community! Advise for Study Visa Needed Please

Hello British Expat Community
I am wanting to relocate to Canada with my husband this September...I will be applying for a 2 year study visa and he will be my Spouse so will be able to work.
When I've looked at the application form, it says in one section that you have to have funds to pay for the course and have enough money to live on for 1 year. But it doesn't say how much you need to live on.....
Also, we are selling our house, cars and various assets to fund this and will be buying in Canada (Vancouver more specifically) so the sales may not have gone through at the time of application.
So my questions are:
1. How much per person is required?
2. Can you include assets in this or does it have to be money in the bank?
We will also be renting out a house in the UK which will give a small income, this wouldn't happen until nearer the time either so is that something that would be taken into consideration?
We are going to Vancouver in 2 weeks time for a recci so may be able to connect with the Immigration office then.....
Thanks in advance for any help
Old Apr 3rd 2016, 12:47 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello New Community! Advise for Study Visa Needed Please

Hi Fliksokka, welcome to BE.

It would be best to post your questions about Canada in the Canadian forum, but that said, do you know how much houses cost in Vancouver? My understanding is that small houses in poor condition and ready for complete renovation or demolition typically start around C$1million. Rents are correspondingly insane. Anyway, with no credit history, you aren't going to be able to get a mortgage in the short term either.

Last edited by Pulaski; Apr 3rd 2016 at 12:51 pm.
Old Apr 3rd 2016, 1:15 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello New Community! Advise for Study Visa Needed Please

Originally Posted by Fliksokka
Hello British Expat Community
I am wanting to relocate to Canada with my husband this September...I will be applying for a 2 year study visa and he will be my Spouse so will be able to work.
When I've looked at the application form, it says in one section that you have to have funds to pay for the course and have enough money to live on for 1 year. But it doesn't say how much you need to live on.....
Also, we are selling our house, cars and various assets to fund this and will be buying in Canada (Vancouver more specifically) so the sales may not have gone through at the time of application.
So my questions are:
1. How much per person is required?
2. Can you include assets in this or does it have to be money in the bank?
We will also be renting out a house in the UK which will give a small income, this wouldn't happen until nearer the time either so is that something that would be taken into consideration?
We are going to Vancouver in 2 weeks time for a recci so may be able to connect with the Immigration office then.....
Thanks in advance for any help

Hello and welcome to BE.

Do follow the link Pulaski has given you...the people who frequent the Canada Forums will be able to help you. Please give me a shout if you have any site related problems.

Good luck.