Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hello, need help regarding switching from EU/UK residence card to FLR (M)

Old Dec 15th 2018, 4:49 pm
Just Joined

mufc86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello, need help regarding switching from EU/UK residence card to FLR (M)

Hello, I am new to this forum and would like to know if someone could help me with a query regarding switching from EU/UK residence card .

I am a British citizen and my wife is from the Philippines, we both moved to Ireland to live and work in 2013 after working there for 5 months we then returned to the UK and then my wife applied for a residence card in 2014 which expires in May 2019. Since then we have had 2 children both born in the UK. I have not been a qualified person continuously throughout those 5 years as I left work to look after my daughter who has special needs and I'm her carer and I also receive carers allowance for her. I would like to know if its possible for my wife to apply for a UK spouse visa / FLR (M) even though she is here on an EU/UK residence card?
Old Dec 15th 2018, 7:25 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello, need help regarding switching from EU/UK residence card to FLR (M)

Good afternoon and welcome to BE

Thank you for stopping in at the Welcome Inn to introduce yourself. Since your question deals with the UK and immigration, I'm going to suggest that you go to "Moving Back to the UK" form (link is below) and ask for help in their UK immigration sector. They are quite knowledgeable in regards to spousal immigration to the UK and FLR.

When you have a moment, please have a 3 minute read of our site rules (also linked below).

If you have difficulty with navigating the site, please reach out to a super moderator who will be happy assist you.

Thanks again for joining BE.

http://britishexpats.com/site-rules/

http://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/
Old Dec 15th 2018, 9:37 pm
Just Joined

confusedandlost is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hello, need help regarding switching from EU/UK residence card to FLR (M)

Hi there,

I think you just replied to my post on a conversation I started two years ago about ss but I couldn't reply to you there because the thread was closed

I eneed up representing myself in court because I was so convinced of what everyone including HO told me, that my appeal was going to be refused and that I was wasting my time so I decided not to hire a lawyer and waste 2 grand, well long story short we won and now I have UK rc since January yeey so to answer your question no I haven't went down the FLR route so I can't really help you with that

But I would like to ask you, why do you want to switch? She could apply for PR next year without spending a penny for FLR and you'll be making the process to PR unnecessary longer

Good luck with your choice
Old Dec 15th 2018, 9:41 pm
Just Joined

mufc86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by confusedandlost
Hi there,

I think you just replied to my post on a conversation I started two years ago about ss but I couldn't reply to you there because the thread was closed

I eneed up representing myself in court because I was so convinced of what everyone including HO told me, that my appeal was going to be refused and that I was wasting my time so I decided not to hire a lawyer and waste 2 grand, well long story short we won and now I have UK rc since January yeey so to answer your question no I haven't went down the FLR route so I can't really help you with that

But I would like to ask you, why do you want to switch? She could apply for PR next year without spending a penny for FLR and you'll be making the process to PR unnecessary longer

Good luck with your choice
Hi there,

I have not been a qualified person for 5 years continuously as i left work to care for my daughter to become her carer, so i think that rules us out from a permanent residence application..
Old Dec 15th 2018, 9:49 pm
Just Joined

confusedandlost is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm sorry my knowledge doesnt go that far to help you with that and everything still fresh with the 2016 regulations that the people are applying for pr as the time comes and is like a try and see for everyone really

Do you have the Facebook group for SS people? It's really helpful and there's people there that knows their stuff when it comes to SS it's Called "After SS - EU visa... EU free movement group" please add it and make your question there too as your more likely to receive an answer from someone that's been in your same situation. That said please do get informed 100% before giving up residence card as right now she's so close to PR it will be a shame to give it all away if it's unnecessary

Good luck
Old Dec 16th 2018, 12:49 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Gentlemen

This is the Welcome Inn and not the place for discussions. I have asked for this thread to be moved to the Moving Back to the UK forum. Thank you for understanding.

Rete
Old Dec 16th 2018, 1:30 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I am closing this thread as the OP has opened a duplicate thread in the UK forum...