Hello from Mumbai

Hello from Mumbai

Old Jun 19th 2012, 6:33 am
Just Joined

Location: My time is divided between Totnes, Devon and Mumbai, India
Jay23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello from Mumbai

Hi,

I am a UK resident who works for several months a year in Mumbai and am currently grappling with the added complication of moving from the UK to France! I am a technical consultant and my clients are Indian and I travel back and forth between my home in Devon and Mumbai on a regular basis, recently I have only been staying in the UK for a few days each month spending all my time when not in India in France where my partner lives. Now I'm looking at the possibility of giving up life in the UK entirely and commuting between France and India, perhaps letting my house in the UK as an added income, perhaps selling up...

The more I investigate, the more the process seems fraught with difficulties and I had thought that with the UK, being 'in Europe', where I lived within the EC was unimportant... how naive was I! Taxation and healthcare in particular seem to be major issues, hopefully membership of this forum will help in the coming months...!

Chris
Old Jun 19th 2012, 7:00 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello from Mumbai

Hi Chris

Welcome to BE and the India forum.

You sure don't do things by half do you ?

We have forums for both India and France which I recommend you check out as you can then chat with other expats living and working in both - you will find the both by clicking the 'forum index' tab on the top left of this page. Scroll down the listed countries then double click on teh name of the country which will take you into that forum. Just pop into both and say hi and ask all those questions that keep coming to mind as our posters are great at sharing useful advice and tips.

In the meantime all the very best woth your plans

Dread - x

Last edited by dreadsoc; Jun 19th 2012 at 7:03 pm.
Old Jun 20th 2012, 5:16 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Chris,

Welcome to BE!

I hope you enjoy being part of our community. If you get stuck on anything please give me a shout.
Old Jun 20th 2012, 7:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jay23
Hi,

I am a UK resident who works for several months a year in Mumbai and am currently grappling with the added complication of moving from the UK to France! I am a technical consultant and my clients are Indian and I travel back and forth between my home in Devon and Mumbai on a regular basis, recently I have only been staying in the UK for a few days each month spending all my time when not in India in France where my partner lives. Now I'm looking at the possibility of giving up life in the UK entirely and commuting between France and India, perhaps letting my house in the UK as an added income, perhaps selling up...

The more I investigate, the more the process seems fraught with difficulties and I had thought that with the UK, being 'in Europe', where I lived within the EC was unimportant... how naive was I! Taxation and healthcare in particular seem to be major issues, hopefully membership of this forum will help in the coming months...!

Chris
to BE Chris.

Plenty of people in our Europe forums to assist you with help and advice to living in Europe...we also have dedicated forums for France.

Once again welcome!