Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hello from Mr hobnobs (was eating when i registered)

Hello from Mr hobnobs (was eating when i registered)

Old Sep 20th 2012, 8:12 pm
Just Joined

hobnobs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello from Mr hobnobs (was eating when i registered)

Hello all!

I have just registered so thought to make my way here to introduce myself.

I am British, living in London and working as Systems Administrator.

I have been wanting to move abroad for a while, but the thought of dropping everything and moving is always scary. Anyhow, now that I am 30 (maybe midlife crisis?) I thought to myself, I just need to move somewhere nice, relaxed environment and unwind myself. Being single for about 2 years after getting through 6 years of relationship breakup, I am ready to drop everything (not that I have any commitments anymore) and move somewhere.

I dont have any idea where, but I have been to Portugal and liked the lifestyle. its something i want so I can relax and come back after a year or so for a fresh start. After all its my home still.

But i am sure you all have a lot more experience and would advise me what is good. so please help me out here. I would be very very grateful.

I dont necessarily require a skilled job (I am an IT peson who manages whole IT infrastructure with lots of years of skills and experience). I can do with any job as long as it pays the bill and just give me a fresh start from everything.

Anyway, that is all for now

I guess I will be visiting the forums quite often now.

Oh, i am 30 btw.
Old Sep 20th 2012, 8:30 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello from Mr hobnobs (was eating when i registered)

Welcome Hobnobs, like the reasoning behind the name

can't say I can give you any advise as to where to go but as you mentioned Portugal perhaps having a look that way first could be a start.
there's a forum for Portugal. http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=89,
so maybe have a chat with the people over there that have done it, going through it and thinking about it.

good luck
Old Sep 20th 2012, 8:36 pm
Just Joined

hobnobs is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey MrsFychan!

hehe, thank you! I didn't want to use my head and just used the biscuit name whilst munching it.

I am looking at the Portuguese forum as we speak :-)

Thanks for the welcome
Old Sep 21st 2012, 11:23 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 3:15 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE!

Can't help at all about Portugal...but loved the username!
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 7:48 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hobnobs
Hey MrsFychan!

hehe, thank you! I didn't want to use my head and just used the biscuit name whilst munching it.

I am looking at the Portuguese forum as we speak :-)

Thanks for the welcome
Could be worse, you could have called yourself McVitie's