Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hello-moving to the States?

Hello-moving to the States?

Old May 19th 2010, 5:40 pm
Just Joined

coluche is just really nicecoluche is just really nicecoluche is just really nicecoluche is just really nicecoluche is just really nicecoluche is just really nicecoluche is just really nicecoluche is just really nice
Default Hello-moving to the States?

I'm currently traveling through Central America on a little hiatus from work (advertising & marketing). Heading back to London soon but hopefully moving to the States depending on job applications & visas (most likely San Francisco or New York).

Anyway, that's my introduction. Better go rummage through the other forums for advice...
Old May 19th 2010, 6:33 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello

Hi coluche,

Thanks for finding BE, I hope you will stick around here. Looks you are finding your way around the forums ok. Please give me, or any of the mods, a shout if you have questions about any of the sites bits and bobs.

Hope you are enjoying your hiatus. Where abouts are you?

Sue
Old May 19th 2010, 6:37 pm
Just Joined

coluche is just really nicecoluche is just really nicecoluche is just really nicecoluche is just really nicecoluche is just really nicecoluche is just really nicecoluche is just really nicecoluche is just really nice

Thanks for the warm welcome! Currently in El Salvador right now figuring out long-term plans & waiting for a replacement passport, grrrr...
Old May 19th 2010, 7:29 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coluche
Thanks for the warm welcome! Currently in El Salvador right now figuring out long-term plans & waiting for a replacement passport, grrrr...
I've never been down that way, but it is on my bucket list. How long do you get to hang out down there?
Old May 19th 2010, 11:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coluche
I'm currently traveling through Central America on a little hiatus from work (advertising & marketing). Heading back to London soon but hopefully moving to the States depending on job applications & visas (most likely San Francisco or New York).

Anyway, that's my introduction. Better go rummage through the other forums for advice...
Hi there Coluche and welcome to BE.

If you're moving to the US you may want to take a look at our US Forums. I see you've already posted in the US Immigration forum...the link I gave you will take you to the main US forum index page...this forum is for topics about the US and The Trailer Park is for general chit chat.

Do you have a choice between SF or NYC...or is that down to your employer? They are both very different cities...with very different climates. I've spent 14 years living 30 miles west of Manhattan...NYC is a great location IMO because you have excellent access to the beaches or the mountains and major cities such as Boston, Philly, Washington DC are only a few hours away by road. Saying that after 14 years in the north west...I would love to move to the west coast.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; May 19th 2010 at 11:10 pm.