Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hello! Moving to Houston and a bit nervous...

Hello! Moving to Houston and a bit nervous...

Old Dec 10th 2010, 5:53 pm
Just Joined

JiggeryPokery is just really niceJiggeryPokery is just really niceJiggeryPokery is just really niceJiggeryPokery is just really niceJiggeryPokery is just really niceJiggeryPokery is just really niceJiggeryPokery is just really niceJiggeryPokery is just really nice
Default Re: Hello! Moving to Houston and a bit nervous...

Thanks everyone - I'll definitely check out the moms club and meetup.com websites.
I don't know yet where exactly we'll be living, but probably not too far from my husband's office which is in Downtown. My husband's company provide plenty of help with househunting apparently so we'll get the guided tour when we arrive and take it from there I guess!
Old Dec 10th 2010, 7:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JiggeryPokery
Thanks everyone - I'll definitely check out the moms club and meetup.com websites.
I don't know yet where exactly we'll be living, but probably not too far from my husband's office which is in Downtown. My husband's company provide plenty of help with househunting apparently so we'll get the guided tour when we arrive and take it from there I guess!
Be very cautious about buying property until you have a Green Card. Some of our members have had the promise of a GC but either their visa ran out or they lost their job etc...they had to leave the US forthwith.
Old Dec 10th 2010, 8:17 pm
Just Joined

JiggeryPokery is just really niceJiggeryPokery is just really niceJiggeryPokery is just really niceJiggeryPokery is just really niceJiggeryPokery is just really niceJiggeryPokery is just really niceJiggeryPokery is just really niceJiggeryPokery is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Be very cautious about buying property until you have a Green Card. Some of our members have had the promise of a GC but either their visa ran out or they lost their job etc...they had to leave the US forthwith.
That's ok Jerseygirl, we'll just be renting somewhere as it's a fixed term work assignment my husband is being sent to the US on, but thanks anyway...
Old Dec 10th 2010, 10:14 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JiggeryPokery
That's ok Jerseygirl, we'll just be renting somewhere as it's a fixed term work assignment my husband is being sent to the US on, but thanks anyway...
In that case...make the most of your stay in the US...try and see as many states as you can.