Reload this Page >

Hello BE - Moving to Australia

Hello BE - Moving to Australia

Old Mar 19th 2011, 8:05 pm
Just Joined

Scarletta is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello BE - Moving to Australia

Hi everyone,

I joined BE just the other day and it's so exciting reading all the various threads!

I'm planning a move to Oz in September/October this year.

I've no mortgage in the UK, no dependants...only a pretty decent job which I'll be leaving behind.

Is it right to feel a little nervous about jacking in the UK life in the current economic climate without a job lined up in Oz?

I plan to get a WHV, find an employer to impress and then try to get sponsored or alternatively survive by temping in some city jobs in Brisbane for a year and move back to the UK if things don't work out. Ideally I want to stay through sponsorship after the year is up though....I may only be able to do this in the Northern Territory since that area is the only area in Oz where they need my skill. Has anyone done this recently?

Im a single 26 year old female with nothing really holding me back in the UK and I just feel like it is now or never to take the plunge.

Hope to hear your thoughts :-)
Old Mar 19th 2011, 8:46 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello BE

I say, go for it! It's a perfect time of life and it sounds like you've done some homework.
My time living overseas at that age has had a meaninful and positive impact on my life. I'm all for it.
Old Mar 19th 2011, 9:14 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scarletta
Hi everyone,

I joined BE just the other day and it's so exciting reading all the various threads!

I'm planning a move to Oz in September/October this year.

I've no mortgage in the UK, no dependants...only a pretty decent job which I'll be leaving behind.

Is it right to feel a little nervous about jacking in the UK life in the current economic climate without a job lined up in Oz?

I plan to get a WHV, find an employer to impress and then try to get sponsored or alternatively survive by temping in some city jobs in Brisbane for a year and move back to the UK if things don't work out. Ideally I want to stay through sponsorship after the year is up though....I may only be able to do this in the Northern Territory since that area is the only area in Oz where they need my skill. Has anyone done this recently?

Im a single 26 year old female with nothing really holding me back in the UK and I just feel like it is now or never to take the plunge.

Hope to hear your thoughts :-)
I agree with Mo...go for it while you're young and before you get tied down with responsibilities. The UK will always be there if you want to go home.

We have a great bunch of people who post in our Australia Forums...many of them live in the Brisbane area...they will give you tips and advice on life Down Under. The link I have given you will take you to the main index page of the Australia Forum...at the top of the page you will see a list of sub forums. The top forum is the Immigration Forum...the Main forum is for topics relating to Australia and The Barbie is for general chit chat. Also take a look in the BE Wiki...you'll find loads of useful info in there.

Before you begin posting please take time to read through the Site Rules and any stickied threads or announcements that may be posted at the top of each forum's index page.

Kelli28 is the concierge for the Australia forums...so if you have any problems finding your way around our many forums please contact Kelli.

For all other concerns or problems please contact a moderator or admin. Every BE forum has at least one moderator dedicated to that forum...Australia has 4...Cresta57, Monneypenny20, Sonlymewalter and Alistairboyle.

I hope you enjoy your time with us and don't forget to shout out should you require help.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 7:58 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Scarletta

Welcome to BE.

Life can be what you make it. You can either take the 'easy' option and stay in the safe zone.....or go out there and have the best adventures of your life.

Good luck with your adventure

Dread - x
Old Mar 20th 2011, 9:05 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Scarletta

Welcome to BE

There are some lovely people who post in the Australia forums, I’m sure you will enjoy getting to know them.

If there is anything else I can help you with feel free to give me a shout, you can find my contact details here.