Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hello, might one day want to emigrate from Uk to USA

Hello, might one day want to emigrate from Uk to USA

Old Aug 18th 2019, 4:41 pm
Just Joined

Martha McGuetle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello, might one day want to emigrate from Uk to USA

Hi All, Nervous new member here, I’m looking and researching into the very scary world of possibly emigrating to the USA to be with a man I met and would love to live with, I found my soulmate and am the happiest I’ve ever been, but just wondering how on Earth if things went further I could manage all the legal stuff and interviews etc, so although anything is years away I’m wanting to know more and before I get my hopes up, if indeed it’s even possible!! so that’s why I joined to ask and learn.
Thank you.
Old Aug 18th 2019, 5:32 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello, might one day want to emigrate from Uk to USA

Originally Posted by Martha McGuetle
Hi All, Nervous new member here, I’m looking and researching into the very scary world of possibly emigrating to the USA to be with a man I met and would love to live with, I found my soulmate and am the happiest I’ve ever been, but just wondering how on Earth if things went further I could manage all the legal stuff and interviews etc, so although anything is years away I’m wanting to know more and before I get my hopes up, if indeed it’s even possible!! so that’s why I joined to ask and learn.
Thank you.
Hi, and welcome to the forum from a fellow Sussex lass!
You should post again in the USA forum, in the "US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas" section, mentioning whether you'll be marrying your soulmate (who presumably is a US citizen?) and other details (e.g. will you be wanting to work? taking children with you?), because there are various Visas to consider, depending on your status.
HTH.
All the best!
Old Aug 18th 2019, 5:35 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Hello, Martha, and welcome to BE

I'm assuming you are thinking of emigrating via a marriage-based type visa or even the Fiancee Visa which would allow you only 90 days in the US to marry and apply for adjustment of status. There is no visa for you to just come to the US to co-habit with your gentleman friend. These visas are actually simple to work with, although they are lengthy in terms of adjudicating. Depending on the type of visa, i.e. Immediate / Conditional Relative Visa-1 which will take about 18 months to complete with your UK interview at the US Embassy or the K-1 started in the US and finalized at the US Embassy in London is about 12-14 months.

After a read of the forum rules (listed below), please read and ask questions on the US Marriage-Based Visa sub-forum (also listed).

http://britishexpats.com/site-rules/

http://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/
Old Aug 18th 2019, 6:30 pm
Just Joined

Martha McGuetle is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, thank you so very much, I really appreciate your help and your suggestions, it’s fantastic to find such a forum, I’ve been reading sites online but it can be overwhelming without actual people’s experiences.
thanks I’ll post on the line! x