Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hello - Looking to move to USA

Hello - Looking to move to USA

Old Feb 23rd 2011, 9:43 am
Just Joined

JackC93 is just really niceJackC93 is just really niceJackC93 is just really niceJackC93 is just really niceJackC93 is just really niceJackC93 is just really niceJackC93 is just really niceJackC93 is just really nice
Default Hello - Looking to move to USA

My name is Jack and im 17 from just outside Birmingham. Ive joined this site because it has always been a ambition of mine to move out of Britain by the time I am 19 - People thinking hes crazy . Its just a ambition that people have said when I was 11 and 12 that it would die down it never has but intensified. I am currently completing my second year at college before anyone mentions uni I have never wished to go to university as I know my grades are not good enough to go to a great uni plus I would just mess around too much and I really dont want to be in education for 4 more years. The places I would like to move to are America (NYC) or Australia I know by the time people have read this youll be thinking hes becoming crazier but I have recently been looking at visas for America. One of these was a business visa I believe it was you must buy a business for $150,000 and the visa will last 2 years with the chance of renewing it depending on business success. My moms boyfriend also looked at this visa many years ago but decided against buying a business in America. Im not saying I have that kind of money in my account but I may be able to get in through various ways. For people wondering if I dont really have a interest in business well I have had a interest in it for a long time and if I moved to nyc area I have an idea of a business I would operate obviously I will not tell you what that idea is due to it being personal. Anyway im sorry how badly written this has been but I have not slept for 18 hours so im getting tired.

Thanks for future help.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 10:25 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello

Originally Posted by JackC93
My name is Jack and im 17 from just outside Birmingham. Ive joined this site because it has always been a ambition of mine to move out of Britain by the time I am 19 - People thinking hes crazy . Its just a ambition that people have said when I was 11 and 12 that it would die down it never has but intensified. I am currently completing my second year at college before anyone mentions uni I have never wished to go to university as I know my grades are not good enough to go to a great uni plus I would just mess around too much and I really dont want to be in education for 4 more years. The places I would like to move to are America (NYC) or Australia I know by the time people have read this youll be thinking hes becoming crazier but I have recently been looking at visas for America. One of these was a business visa I believe it was you must buy a business for $150,000 and the visa will last 2 years with the chance of renewing it depending on business success. My moms boyfriend also looked at this visa many years ago but decided against buying a business in America. Im not saying I have that kind of money in my account but I may be able to get in through various ways. For people wondering if I dont really have a interest in business well I have had a interest in it for a long time and if I moved to nyc area I have an idea of a business I would operate obviously I will not tell you what that idea is due to it being personal. Anyway im sorry how badly written this has been but I have not slept for 18 hours so im getting tired.

Thanks for future help.
Good morning Jack....take a look at the USA sub forum, post your questions and get some help from the members on there. The moderators & concierges will help you out if you need to find your way around the forum....just shout!
Welcome to BE...and good luck with your palns there's nothing wrong with having ambition!
B
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 10:31 am
Just Joined

JackC93 is just really niceJackC93 is just really niceJackC93 is just really niceJackC93 is just really niceJackC93 is just really niceJackC93 is just really niceJackC93 is just really niceJackC93 is just really nice
Default Re: Hello

Originally Posted by MnB
Good morning Jack....take a look at the USA sub forum, post your questions and get some help from the members on there. The moderators & concierges will help you out if you need to find your way around the forum....just shout!
Welcome to BE...and good luck with your palns there's nothing wrong with having ambition!
B
Yes without ambition we just have reality and with just reality we have no hope.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 11:48 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello - Looking to move to USA

Hi Jack...welcolme to the site.

As you probably know it is very difficult to move to the US. Here is the link to our US Immigration and Visas forum...I suggest you read through some of the old threads as the same question has been asked many, many times before. General questions about life in the US should be posted in the US Forum. The Trailer Park is for general chit chat.

Please take time to take a look in the BE Wiki...it's a great source for information.

If you require any assistance finding your way around BE's many forums we have a team of concierges who will act as your tour guide...they will be pleased to help you. The concierge for the US forums is Kaffy Mintcake...please contact her if you need pointing in the right direction.

Any problems or concerns should be addressed to a mod or admin. The mods for the US Immigration forums are Rete, Meauxna, Noorah101, Bob and MsElui.

Please give me a shout if I can be of further help.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 4:39 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Jack & welcome to BE. Hope you are finding your way around the site by now. Good luck with your plans
Old May 8th 2011, 10:09 pm
Just Joined

Wow I have not been on this site for a long time anyway basically at the moment im looking at the Australian working holiday visa as one of my cousins is going in September to Sydney. How easy is it to get one I have not really spoken to it about her. I would like to live in America but if youre EU immigrant seems hard im still really confused about business visas which is annoying because im interested in business.
Old May 8th 2011, 10:37 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Wow I have not been on this site for a long time anyway basically at the moment im looking at the Australian working holiday visa as one of my cousins is going in September to Sydney. How easy is it to get one I have not really spoken to it about her. I would like to live in America but if youre EU immigrant seems hard im still really confused about business visas which is annoying because im interested in business.
I gave you the link to the US Immigration forum in my post #4...you can ask about your options in that forum.

We also have an Australia Immigration forum...please post all questions regarding immigration Down Under in there.

There's loads of people who post in our immigration forums who will give you reliable advice.
Old Aug 29th 2011, 12:22 am
Just Joined

I have not been on this site for ages but anyway during my time off my interest in moving to America has gone down a lot. I will be going to Australia on a working holiday visa for a year in October so ill see if I like the country enough to move their then find a way hopefully if I like the country.
Old Aug 29th 2011, 1:41 am
SUPER MODERATOR

I have not been on this site for ages but anyway during my time off my interest in moving to America has gone down a lot. I will be going to Australia on a working holiday visa for a year in October so ill see if I like the country enough to move their then find a way hopefully if I like the country.
A working holiday is an excellent idea.

Here is the link to the Australia Forums...any questions you have about Australia please post in there. The link I have given you will take you to the main index page of the Australia Forum...at the top of the page you will see a list of sub forums. The top forum is the Immigration Forum...the Main forum is for topics relating to Australia and The Barbie is for general chit chat.

I recommend you take a look in the BE Wiki for info about Australia.

Kelli28, Alistair Boyle and newjersey are the concierges for the Australia forums...so if you have any problems finding your way around our many forums please contact Kelli, Alistair or newjersey

For all other concerns or problems please contact a moderator or admin. Every BE forum has at least one moderator dedicated to that forum...Australia has 4...Cresta57, Monneypenny20,, Sonlymewalter and Alfresco.

Good luck.
Old Aug 29th 2011, 1:52 am
Just Joined

Thanks im already looking through some other forums on the net about people doing the same but not many are there the exact date I arrive.
Old Aug 31st 2011, 2:14 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Sep 8th 2011, 6:34 pm
Just Joined

littlenonni will become famous soon enoughlittlenonni will become famous soon enough

hello Jack,welcome to this fantastic helpful website! i know you posted this in feb of this year but im a newbie so was just browsing and very much admire your ambition your young and educated,have the world(so to speak!) at your feet! Im just wishing you all the best for your future...it defo sounds like you have what it takes to achieve what you want out of life.Good luck to you Jack!