Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hello from London UK, off to Australia via Asia.

Hello from London UK, off to Australia via Asia.

Old Oct 21st 2013, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

SpacialTomato is a glorious beacon of lightSpacialTomato is a glorious beacon of lightSpacialTomato is a glorious beacon of lightSpacialTomato is a glorious beacon of lightSpacialTomato is a glorious beacon of lightSpacialTomato is a glorious beacon of lightSpacialTomato is a glorious beacon of lightSpacialTomato is a glorious beacon of lightSpacialTomato is a glorious beacon of lightSpacialTomato is a glorious beacon of lightSpacialTomato is a glorious beacon of light
Default Hello from London UK, off to Australia via Asia.

Hello, I'm British, early 30's, currently living and working in London, and planning to go to Australia next year, after a few months break between full time jobs, which I believe I will spend in Malaysia.

Have been an expat in the past, when I was a kid in the middle east and in more recent times, Spain for a few years. I've been back working in London for nearly four years now and I really want to move on again.

While the few months gap will be to rest and work on personal projects, hobbies and learning a new skill or two for my job (graphics/media), I would also be interested in being able to work from home too, so if I can give that a go I will. Then I might not bother going to Australia at all... , My ideal lifestyle would be living and working in different countries and cultures for a while.

Not having any ties back here I like to travel, learn the languages and have local friends as opposed to sticking to western expat style environments, (maybe when I'm older my preferences will change though

Thanks
Old Oct 21st 2013, 10:53 pm

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello from London UK, off to Australia via Asia.

Hello and welcome to BE.

I left the UK at 32 and travelled around the world for four years before settling in New Zealand. Loved my time in Asia, worked as a divemaster in Thailand for a while.

The world is your oyster, enjoy.

Meantime, have a look at the various branches, lots of helpful folks if you need more localised information.
Old Oct 22nd 2013, 1:00 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there and welcome to the forum

You might like to check out the Aus section on here, for future planning. They're a helpful bunch in there and I'm sure can offer you advice.

If you're thinking about Malaysia, come join me and other residents in the Malaysia section of the forum. If you're just thinking of chilling out, if you're a British passport holder, you'll get 3 months (I think) stamped on entry so plenty of time to do things. If you're thinking of working there, possibly under your own steam, do check out Abdul's threads in the Malaysia section as he has been there done that recently and kindly documented it all on the forum. Anyway, plenty of folks to advise you so see you over there.
Old Oct 22nd 2013, 6:48 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE, World Traveller

Man do I envy you not only your youth but your ability to pick up sticks and move at will. What a wonderful life.

As the others have said, have a peek at the various forums and join in the talk and social scheme of things.
Old Oct 22nd 2013, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

SpacialTomato is a glorious beacon of lightSpacialTomato is a glorious beacon of lightSpacialTomato is a glorious beacon of lightSpacialTomato is a glorious beacon of lightSpacialTomato is a glorious beacon of lightSpacialTomato is a glorious beacon of lightSpacialTomato is a glorious beacon of lightSpacialTomato is a glorious beacon of lightSpacialTomato is a glorious beacon of lightSpacialTomato is a glorious beacon of lightSpacialTomato is a glorious beacon of light

Hello and thank you for the replies I only found this forum on the weekend and a brief searching of topics I was interested in gave me the impression I should join it asap. My questions will start rolling soon..

Hm yes, well I have the enthusiasm and interest to move at will, and have some useful skills for the field of work I'm in, plus it can be done remotely, but I'm rubbish (hopeless) at marketing myself. I need to get around that hurdle and I'll be a happy bunny : )

Thanks for the pointers to Abdul's threads, looks interesting. And always good and inspiring reading the stories of yourselves and others, so many thanks all of you again.
Old Oct 27th 2013, 9:13 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary