British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Welcome Inn (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/)
-   -   Hello from London (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/hello-london-702866/)

Seawitch57 Jan 29th 2011 3:51 pm

Hello from London

Hello
I'm George, I was born in Munster BMH (British military hospital) and spent most of my youth in parts of Germany within the armed forces comunity, the son of a soldier and 'Forces Fraulein', and so educated by the B.F.E.S system, mostly at Queens School Rheindahlen.
I left home to join the army at 16 but did return for some years as a civilian working in Rhiendahlen and Monchengladbach.
My parents live there still having stayed on, as my two sisters did.
I'm the families Inselaffe as the Germans inflectionally call Brits!
Nice to find this forum.:)

Jerseygirl Jan 29th 2011 4:53 pm

Re: Hello from London

Originally Posted by Seawitch57 (Post 9137744)
Hello
I'm George, I was born in Munster BMH (British military hospital) and spent most of my youth in parts of Germany within the armed forces comunity, the son of a soldier and 'Forces Fraulein', and so educated by the B.F.E.S system, mostly at Queens School Rheindahlen.
I left home to join the army at 16 but did return for some years as a civilian working in Rhiendahlen and Monchengladbach.
My parents live there still having stayed on, as my two sisters did.
I'm the families Inselaffe as the Germans inflectionally call Brits!
Nice to find this forum.:)

A very warm welcome to BE George.

We have quite a few ex-forces members and spouses here on BE...many have lived and worked in Germany. I see you are finding your way around the site and already started to post in our Germany forum. :thumbsup:

We have a team of concierges who will help you find your way around the forums if you get a little lost. You can find a list of their names at the bottom right hand side of this page.

Complaints or problems should be addressed to a moderator...Mitzyboy is the mod for the Europe forums but if he's not around any mod or admin will be pleased to help you.

Please give me a shout if you need any help.

dreadsoc Jan 29th 2011 8:10 pm

Hi George

Welcome to BE.
How are you findiing life in London?

You may find it useful to check out the 'Moving back to the UK forum' - you can find it on the main forum index page. There are quite a few folks on therwe who have been away then come back, or are in the process of doing so.
Then again, you may want to check in on the Europe forum, to keep abreast of what's occurring in Germany.
The choice is all yours, just enjoy joining in with the chat and the banter.

Dread - x

Sue Jan 29th 2011 11:16 pm

Hi Seawitch57,

Welcome to BE I hope you enjoy being part of our community. Are you planning on moving abroad again, or have you not long moved to the UK?

Sue

Dude111 Jan 29th 2011 11:50 pm

Welcome to the site :)

bakedbean Jan 30th 2011 8:47 am

Hello George. I was born and grew up in London many moons ago. Which part of London are you staying in?