Hello hello!

Old May 2nd 2017, 1:24 pm
Just Joined

Theluckydreamer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello hello!

Just wanted to say a quick hi to everyone .
I've been a long time lurker and have finally taken the plunge ....
I'm considering moving back to the US, well more likely than not actually. So will be spending most of my time on the USA forum.

Thanks in advance for the good advice and conversation!
Old May 2nd 2017, 1:37 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello hello!

Hi TLD, welcome to BE.

I look forward to seeing you over on the US forum, where I spend most of my time.

Whereabouts in the US will you be heading, and do you already have a right to live in the US, or will you need a visa?

The Mods usually ask new members to check the site rules, in the link above on the right. They are not unduly onerous, but ensuring that you comply will mean that you posts don't get edited or deleted.
Old May 2nd 2017, 2:07 pm
Just Joined

Hi Pulaski

I feel like I'm talking to a British expats legand!
Your posts have given me many giggles....

I'm married to an american....who just can't adjust to UK life, so we are heading back stateside to California.
In terms of area we are still undecided. I like LA ,he likes San Francisco.
I plan on doing a big post tonight with all my questions and concerns.
Just need to get the toddler to bed first!!!!!
Old May 2nd 2017, 2:41 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Good morning and welcome to BE

You are in the lucky position to be able to do what is called DCF for the Immediate Relative Visa to come and live and work in the US with your American spouse. This translates to direct consular filing and means that your American spouse can petition directly to the US Embassy in London. Knocks some time off the length of time it takes to get the final approval.

The knowledgeable people at the marriage-based visa forum will be happy to assist you. Here's the direct link: Marriage Based Visas - British Expats

Again, welcome to BE.

Rete
Old May 2nd 2017, 4:18 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the welcome Rete
Old May 3rd 2017, 11:47 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Theluckydreamer
Hi Pulaski

"Legend"? I think I like you already!

I'm married to an american....who just can't adjust to UK life, so we are heading back stateside to California.
In terms of area we are still undecided. I like LA ,he likes San Francisco.
I plan on doing a big post tonight with all my questions and concerns.
Just need to get the toddler to bed first!!!!!
Ah! ..... You'll be a continent away, I'm in NC, and I don't think I'd enjoy California.
Old May 3rd 2017, 9:13 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I think I like you already!
Do we know where they stand regarding things such as cake and laundry?
Old May 3rd 2017, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by Nutek
Do we know where they stand regarding things such as cake and laundry?
And manual transmissions?

Even in the worst case scenario I am willing to make allowances for anyone who describes me as "a legend".
Old May 3rd 2017, 10:21 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hi Pulaski

I feel like I'm talking to a British expats legend!

Happy posting with Pulaski , Nutek , Rete et al.
They'll sort you out.
Old May 3rd 2017, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by BEVS
It seems a bit harsh to threaten someone with such impeccable judgement.

Last edited by Pulaski; May 3rd 2017 at 10:40 pm.
Old May 4th 2017, 10:03 pm
Just Joined

Ah! ..... You'll be a continent away, I'm in NC, and I don't think I'd enjoy California.
California is the lesser of the two evils for me . My other option is NYC , and having lived there for 8 years I just can't face going back....

Last edited by BEVS; May 5th 2017 at 4:14 am. Reason: Fixed it for the poster with inpeccable judgement. :-p
Old May 4th 2017, 10:05 pm
Just Joined

It seems I also can't figure out how to use the quote feature.
Old May 4th 2017, 11:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

It seems I also can't figure out how to use the quote feature.
Just click on the blue box marked 'Quote'.
Old May 5th 2017, 12:02 am

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Just click on the blue box marked 'Quote'.
And if you click on the tiny box (which will turn red) to the right of the quote button, in one post, then click on quote in another post, you can multi-quote.
Old May 5th 2017, 12:17 am
BE Forum Addict

dj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Pulaski

Oh good lord, don't massage his ego anymore