Hello folks

Old Aug 26th 2010, 11:56 am
Just Joined

screeeeeem is just really nicescreeeeeem is just really nicescreeeeeem is just really nicescreeeeeem is just really nicescreeeeeem is just really nicescreeeeeem is just really nicescreeeeeem is just really nicescreeeeeem is just really nice
Cool Hello folks

hi there
im just speechless at last i found this amazing site , i was wondering where are all the British expatriates hiding

i hope all the people here are friendly and can help in case we want any help

a small intro on myself , my name is shady and im currently living in saudi arabia in a city called Al-Khobar , my roots are arabian but i was born and raised in UK so im a british citizen at the end

im struggled lately in my current job and im trying to fetch a better place to work in , as im new here i want somebody please to direct me for the following :

1) before i was living in kuwait and i had alot of fun there as there were alot of social activities , my question is , aren't there any activities in khobar ? if yes how to reach those contacts/places as to be honest im living here since 3 years and im dying silently lol

2) im trying to find another job in GCC area , can somebody help me , like a kind of connection or an overseas recruitment agency to apply without going to UK then from there coming back ...etc , no worries about the experience and certificates part as im working lately as a SR IT Solutions Consultant with 6 years of experience and to be frank with you 58 certificates in IT but i felt lately that all the certs are useless if you dont have a strong connection in the companies out there

3) is there anybody living in khobar , maybe we can meet one day or have some fun ? ya im single if that is your question hehe

4) the last time i lived in UK was in 1995 as my parents just relocated to an arabian country called jordan , my question is how is the living there lately and if we want to secure a job remotely how can that be done , is there a way like to apply overseas and then go back to UK , also what is the average range there to live in a spolish way ? i heard 50k-55k is more than enough ?

im looking forward to have alot of new friends here , and im sorry if i posted in the wrong place as im still new to this forum

thanks in advance
Old Aug 26th 2010, 12:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello folks

Hi there and welcome to BE
There is a forum for Saudi Arabia here in the Middle East Forum. Pop in there and introduce yourself, i'm sure you will get lots of help with your questions

You didn't post in the wrong forum, this is the right place to come say hi, then we can help direct you to other forums. If you need any more help, you will find a list of moderators etc here, they are around to help and you can contact them if you need too.

Good luck
Old Aug 26th 2010, 3:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hello there and welcome to BE. Love the username by the way.

Englishtart has already given you the link to our Middle East Forum...they're a lively bunch of people who post in that forum so take a lot of the banter with a pinch of salt. It's best to read through some of the threads so that you get to know the personalities and humour before you jump in and begin to post. Please keep in mind that British sarcasm is rife on most of the BE forums...that's what most of us miss about our homeland...so we log on here for our daily 'fix'.

We have a team of concierges who will be your tour guides should you need any help navigating the many BE forums. You can find a list of their names at the bottom right hand side of this page.

Should you have any problems or concerns please address them to a moderator. The moderators for the ME forums are Bob, NorthernLad and rowell...although any mod or admin will be pleased to help you.

Please give me a shout if you need any assistance...in the meantime I hope you enjoy your stay with us.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 4:51 pm
Just Joined

screeeeeem is just really nicescreeeeeem is just really nicescreeeeeem is just really nicescreeeeeem is just really nicescreeeeeem is just really nicescreeeeeem is just really nicescreeeeeem is just really nicescreeeeeem is just really nice

@englishtart , mecri for the warm welcome

@jersygirl , will do for sure , if you like the nickname alot i can wrap it for you and send it as a gift hehe

let me check the fellows in the middle east section hoping that somebody can help/assist

as i always say , life is harsh on you especially when you leave your home land
Old Aug 26th 2010, 5:15 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by screeeeeem

@jersygirl , will do for sure , if you like the nickname alot i can wrap it for you and send it as a gift hehe

let me check the fellows in the middle east section hoping that somebody can help/assist

Woo hoo...I lurvee gifts.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 6:05 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome.....
Old Aug 26th 2010, 6:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Welcome.....
Why thank you kind sir.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 6:14 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Why thank you kind sir.
lol i think i must say that

btw from where you are folks ? where are you living ? what do you do in ur life ?
Old Aug 26th 2010, 6:28 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

btw from where you are folks ? where are you living ? what do you do in ur life ?
I'm a Yorkshire lass...then moved to Chester...moved to New Jersey, USA 14 years ago. What do I do?...well I do whatever I want to do.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 6:30 pm
Just Joined

I'm a Yorkshire lass...then moved to Chester...moved to New Jersey, USA 14 years ago. What do I do?...well I do whatever I want to do.
hehe
nice to meet you , when i visit new jersy one day will inform you to tour me there
Old Aug 26th 2010, 6:32 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

hehe
nice to meet you , when i visit new jersy one day will inform you to tour me there
You'll have to catch me first...I spend quite a bit of time in the UK and Canada.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 6:40 pm
Just Joined

You'll have to catch me first...I spend quite a bit of time in the UK and Canada.
its ok will be my bad luck then
Old Aug 26th 2010, 8:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

I am originally from nr Manchester in the UK, met hubby in Germany, moved to US first in about 1993, back and forth a couple times, now in South Carolina (US) what do I do? not so much
Old Aug 26th 2010, 10:04 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Englishtart
I am originally from nr Manchester in the UK, met hubby in Germany, moved to US first in about 1993, back and forth a couple times, now in South Carolina (US) what do I do? not so much
cool , what do you folks work there ?
Old Aug 27th 2010, 4:19 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Screeeeem
(hope I got the right amount of e's!!)

Wow you're a chirpy chappy aren't you.... really nice to see someone posting such upbeat stuff.
Welcome to BE - I am sure it won't take you much time to find lots of cyber buddies on the Saudi Arabia forum.
As well as the forum dedicated to Saudi, there is also a forum entitled "Working abroad by profession" which you will find on the main forum index page (the tab is above). Bearing in mind you are looking to find a new place to work, you never know, you may just have some luck on there.

Anyways it looks like you're already having fun on BE so I hope you continue to enjoy

Dread - x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.