British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Welcome Inn (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/)
-   -   Hello folks (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/hello-folks-650364/)

pac1982 Jan 20th 2010 3:32 pm

Hello folks

Been recommended to this forum by a mate of mine, basically I’m looking for help and advice on getting out of England for the simple reason that I’m sick and tired of the shitty weather we keep having.

Problem is I don’t really have any qualifications that would allow me to move to my ideal country’s which would be Australia or the USA so wanted to know which sunny country’s are easy to get in to and also where I could find work bearing in mind that I speak no other language than English.

Other country’s I’m curious about are Canada Spain and the south of France

sime303 Jan 20th 2010 3:34 pm

Re: Hello folks

Welcome to BE. Canada or Australia would be your best bets outside of Europe.

dmu Jan 20th 2010 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by pac1982 (Post 8266362)

Hi, and welcome!
If you want to leave England simply due to the bad weather, then, before doing anything else, take a look at the recent postings on the Spain Forum complaining about the snow/rain/cold! The south of France is just as bad (we also had snow and it's still raining where we live). It's a myth that southern Europe is sunny all the time...
As far as France is concerned, if you don't speak the language you don't stand much chance of a well-enough paid job to survive. The Recession is still around and unemployment is high. Spain doesn't sound any better...
Make a few searches in the Europe forum, but I'd advise you to stick with English-speaking countries, and wish you good luck!:)

Jerseygirl Jan 20th 2010 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by pac1982 (Post 8266362)
Been recommended to this forum by a mate of mine, basically I’m looking for help and advice on getting out of England for the simple reason that I’m sick and tired of the shitty weather we keep having.

Problem is I don’t really have any qualifications that would allow me to move to my ideal country’s which would be Australia or the USA so wanted to know which sunny country’s are easy to get in to and also where I could find work bearing in mind that I speak no other language than English.

Hello and welcome to BE.

Speaking from someone who's been living in one of your ideal countries for almost 14 years...the UK is a great country. Sometimes you have to move away from something to really appreciate it. ;)

NessieOggy Jan 21st 2010 12:01 am

Welcome to BE, pac1982

Agreed that there are merits to the countries of the UK! ;)

You've found a great site for research & I wish you all the best in finding the location that suits you.