Reload this Page >

Hello from Florida

Hello from Florida

Old Jan 13th 2021, 10:44 pm
Just Joined

BellaMagic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello from Florida

Hello.
I'm a bit shy, forgive me. I have lived in Florida, US since 1981 and don't know how I have managed it this long. This last four years have really been bad. I do keep busy making things to sell, reading, watching BritBox [ha ha], baking, etc. With Covid running rampant - everywhere! - I can't fly to England. I am of a certain age now so I have been sheltering in place and feel quite lonely... although I do have the company of my lovely cat, Pippa Sorry for the little whinge fest. At least I get along with my own company rather well, so that's something. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone here. Glad I found this!
Old Jan 13th 2021, 10:50 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello from Florida

Welcome to BE

I have moved your post into a thread of its own. That way it gives us a better chance to say hi.

No need to be lonely now you have found our group of British Expats. We have several excellent forums covering the US. Several of our members live in the Sunshine State. I wish I was there right now, instead of cold Toronto.

https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/
Old Jan 14th 2021, 12:43 am
Just Joined

BellaMagic is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, and thank you, JerseyGirl : It is 12c here right now and I'm freezing, haha! Time was, I would think a night like this was positively balmy! I am a cold weather girl though and would so much rather be in Blighty. When it is hot here it is stiflingly hot. And, mind, Climate Change doesn't help. Always spending six months worrying about hurricanes isn't fun either. Why am I here again? But, indeed, I am feeling better by being here already and it will be fab to have the company!
Old Jan 14th 2021, 12:55 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BellaMagic
Hello, and thank you, JerseyGirl : It is 12c here right now and I'm freezing, haha! Time was, I would think a night like this was positively balmy! I am a cold weather girl though and would so much rather be in Blighty. When it is hot here it is stiflingly hot. And, mind, Climate Change doesn't help. Always spending six months worrying about hurricanes isn't fun either. Why am I here again? But, indeed, I am feeling better by being here already and it will be fab to have the company!
Normally at this time of year I too would be in warmer climes. Not this year though.

Pop over to our US forums and take a look around. We also have a couple of general forums, I suggest to take a look at The Lounge Forum...https://britishexpats.com/forum/lounge-7/