Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hello Everyone, Plumber here, Any Advice Welcomed!

Hello Everyone, Plumber here, Any Advice Welcomed!

Old Jun 9th 2014, 1:30 pm
Just Joined

hooverlugs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello Everyone, Plumber here, Any Advice Welcomed!

Hi all, just joined the site, looked like a good starting point for what I am looking for.
I am a mid 40's guy from Glasgow (Scotland) I am a plumber and have recently decided that I would like to try working overseas for a time. I am probably not looking for a permanent move / re-location but rather just a couple of years somewhere.
Searching various job site seems on the surface to bring up plenty of plumbing jobs all over the place. However on closer inspection these offers are 99% for people from India and the Philippines?
Basically I am looking for any advice as to where to start looking for potential leads, I would consider most places but quite fancy some of the Arab countries.
Any advice, help or even job offers would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
Old Jun 9th 2014, 1:38 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello Everyone, Plumber here, Any Advice Welcomed!

Hi and welcome to the forum. Love the name

You may wish to take a look in the Working by Profession section. You'll see there's a category for plumbing.

I've not a clue if this is a profession that's easy to get into in the Arab gulf states but, one way to find out, and that's to post a topic in the Middle East section of the forum and see if anyone there knows. All the best.
Old Jun 9th 2014, 2:05 pm
Just Joined

hooverlugs is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Bakedbean, right back at you with the username. Thank you for your welcome and your advice, just joined so not totally up to speed with the different sections on the site but I will certainly have a look about. Like I say the Arab states was just a consideration but at this stage I am looking with an open mind.
Thanks again!
Old Jun 9th 2014, 2:07 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

You can find the forum for plumbers here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=119

And the section about the middle east here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=60