Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hello to everyone here

Hello to everyone here

Old Oct 25th 2015, 11:02 pm
Just Joined

Anglia has a reputation beyond reputeAnglia has a reputation beyond reputeAnglia has a reputation beyond reputeAnglia has a reputation beyond reputeAnglia has a reputation beyond reputeAnglia has a reputation beyond reputeAnglia has a reputation beyond reputeAnglia has a reputation beyond reputeAnglia has a reputation beyond reputeAnglia has a reputation beyond reputeAnglia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hello to everyone here

This is by way of introduction to people on this site. The first post is perhaps the hardest, so here I go...

After 27 years of living in Australia I have realised with something of a shock that I want to go home. I have been feeling unsettled for some time but could not pinpoint why until this realisation dawned on me. I want to be with my own people. I want to feel at home in a small, cherished corner of England with the old, familiar landscapes and streetscapes of my youth. So I am making a test visit. I have booked a flight back this Christmas and will be spending a few weeks with my sister in the west country. If it feels right, I will have some very hard decisions to make.

I know that I am not alone in feeling the pull of the old country and I have read some inspirational accounts here of how others have made their way back to their roots. I just hope I can work out a way of making my dream come true.
Old Oct 25th 2015, 11:06 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello to everyone here

Hello and welcome to the forum

You have found the right site. If you haven't already done so, do check out the Moving Back to the UK section. You will find many like-minded folks to chat with in there. You can follow this link:
Moving back to the UK - British Expats