British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Welcome Inn (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/)
-   -   Hello from the East coast of the USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/hello-east-coast-usa-692395/)

2passports Nov 5th 2010 8:52 pm

Hello from the East coast of the USA

I've been in the US for 20 years, married to American. Love lots of things about life in the US and am amazed at some of the odd ideas that Brits and especially Brit media have about America. I feel truly bi-cultural. No real family left in the UK, but still have moments of crushing homesickness. I miss my tribe!:) Really looking forward to browsing these forums and meeting some
other wandering souls.

Jerseygirl Nov 5th 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Hello!

Originally Posted by 2passports (Post 8964234)
I've been in the US for 20 years, married to American. Love lots of things about life in the US and am amazed at some of the odd ideas that Brits and especially Brit media have about America. I feel truly bi-cultural. No real family left in the UK, but still have moments of crushing homesickness. I miss my tribe!:) Really looking forward to browsing these forums and meeting some
other wandering souls.

Hey...welcome aboard. :):)

Lots of our members are scattered about the east coast...from Maine down to Florida. As you've probably gathered I live in New Jersey...been here for over 14 years. I'm sure you'll fit right in with the rest of us here...before you know it you'll be logging on every spare moment to get your 'Brit Fix'. I recommend you pop over to our US Forums and take a look around?

If you require any assistance finding your way around BE's many forums we have a team of concierges who will act as your tour guide...they will be pleased to help you. The concierge for the US forums is Kaffy Mintcake...please contact her if you need pointing in the right direction.

If you have any problems or concerns please contact a mod or admin. The mods for the US forums are Bob and MsElui. Although you can contact any mod or admin...there is usually one of us around 24/7.

Please give me a shout if I can be of further help. I look forward to seeing you in the US forums. :)

Sue Nov 5th 2010 9:35 pm

Hi 2passports,

You are amongst kindred spirits here. :) I hope you enjoy using BE, we've got a lively group on here and I'm sure you will have fun getting to know everyone.

Jerseygirl has given you all the important info to get you up and running, so don't hesitate to jump in the USA forum and say hi and don't forget there is always someone around if you have any questions.

Sue

Kaffy Mintcake Nov 6th 2010 12:53 am

Hi 2passports!

Just wanted to pop in to send you a friendly hello. Don't be a stranger and please let me know if I can help you around the site in any way.

Welcome to BE!
Kaffy

dreadsoc Nov 6th 2010 8:47 am

Re: Hello from the East coast of the USA

Hi 2passports

Just to say welcome to BE from me too.
You've definitely coem to the right place for some friendly debate and banter, as well as a cure for those moments of homesickness.
I have a feeling you will enjoy the US forum so get stuck in and have fun.

Dread - x