Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

New member in Eire

New member in Eire

Old Nov 4th 2010, 3:31 pm
Just Joined

CeeGee is just really niceCeeGee is just really niceCeeGee is just really niceCeeGee is just really niceCeeGee is just really niceCeeGee is just really niceCeeGee is just really niceCeeGee is just really nice
Default New member in Eire

Hello to all. New member although I have been reading on this forum for a long time now.
Living in Eire at the moment having returned from Perth WA.
Love the site.
Old Nov 4th 2010, 3:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New member

Originally Posted by CeeGee
Hello to all. New member although I have been reading on this forum for a long time now.
Living in Eire at the moment having returned from Perth WA.
Love the site.
Hi there CeeGee and welcome to BE...it's very nice to meet you.

How are you adjusting to life back in Eire...any regrets leaving Australia?

As you've been 'lurking' for a while I assume you are finding your way around the site but if there is a particular country or forum you're interested in please give one of our concierges or myself a shout and we will point you in the right direction. You can find a list of concierges' names at the bottom right hand side of this page.

Please shout out if you need any help.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 12:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Hi CeeGee. Welcome to the site - I look forward to getting to know you!
Old Nov 5th 2010, 11:05 am
Just Joined

CeeGee is just really niceCeeGee is just really niceCeeGee is just really niceCeeGee is just really niceCeeGee is just really niceCeeGee is just really niceCeeGee is just really niceCeeGee is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Hi there CeeGee and welcome to BE...it's very nice to meet you.

How are you adjusting to life back in Eire...any regrets leaving Australia?

As you've been 'lurking' for a while I assume you are finding your way around the site but if there is a particular country or forum you're interested in please give one of our concierges or myself a shout and we will point you in the right direction. You can find a list of concierges' names at the bottom right hand side of this page.

Please shout out if you need any help.
Hi Jersey Girl and Kaffy

Thanks for the welcome.
To answer your question , yes - have a few regrets leaving Australia, left due to difficulty in picking up decent work ( electrician and nurse) Found it very expensive for rent / purchasing home in nice areas. I do find myself daydreaming quite a lot as we really did like it there . It was really the exchange rate that killed it for us. When we first sold our house prior to going the exchange was 2.20 AUD - 1 EUR. I look back and think what a fool I was for not exchanging the money then but we had no visa at that time. When we did move it had gone down to 1.45 AUD which meant a hell of a difference to us. Prices of property in Perth had also jumped quite a bit in that time. So I do still dream of what should have been for us.
I am from London originally so am still an expat to a certain degree!
Thanks for the reply.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 2:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jersey Girl and Kaffy

Thanks for the welcome.
To answer your question , yes - have a few regrets leaving Australia, left due to difficulty in picking up decent work ( electrician and nurse) Found it very expensive for rent / purchasing home in nice areas. I do find myself daydreaming quite a lot as we really did like it there . It was really the exchange rate that killed it for us. When we first sold our house prior to going the exchange was 2.20 AUD - 1 EUR. I look back and think what a fool I was for not exchanging the money then but we had no visa at that time. When we did move it had gone down to 1.45 AUD which meant a hell of a difference to us. Prices of property in Perth had also jumped quite a bit in that time. So I do still dream of what should have been for us.
Thanks for the reply.
I'm sorry to hear it didn't work out in Australia...especially as you enjoyed your time there. I know expats and future expats worry about property prices but as you say the killer can be a change in the exchange rate.

Here is the link to our Republic of Ireland Forum. Mitzyboy is the moderator for that forum...just give him a shout if you have any problems or concerns.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 4:33 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I'm sorry to hear it didn't work out in Australia...especially as you enjoyed your time there. I know expats and future expats worry about property prices but as you say the killer can be a change in the exchange rate.

Here is the link to our Republic of Ireland Forum. Mitzyboy is the moderator for that forum...just give him a shout if you have any problems or concerns.
thanks
Old Nov 6th 2010, 1:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jersey Girl and Kaffy

Thanks for the welcome.
Thanks for the reply.
Hi CeeGee - I just saw your reply. Chin up, you never know - Australia may be in your future again someday! It's a tough economy currently for sure. I hope all goes well for you and that you stick around, I'm sure you'll have insights to share that will help others and hopefully we can put a smile on your face now and then.
Old Nov 6th 2010, 9:02 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New member in Eire

Hi Ceegee

Just to say welcome to BE from me too.
Sorry to hear about your reasons for having to leave Australia. It's always hard when you have to make such a decision,but at least you tried eh.

Hope you will enjoy becoming part of BE and I am sure you will find some kindred spirits - especially at the moment with the economy.

Good luck

Dread - x
Old Nov 6th 2010, 11:00 am
Just Joined

Default Re: New member in Eire

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
Hi Ceegee

Just to say welcome to BE from me too.
Sorry to hear about your reasons for having to leave Australia. It's always hard when you have to make such a decision,but at least you tried eh.

Hope you will enjoy becoming part of BE and I am sure you will find some kindred spirits - especially at the moment with the economy.

Good luck

Dread - x
thanks for the replies. Hopefully I will be able to give good advice to others.
Yes , maybe we could become ping - pongers as we have a few years on the visa before it expires. never say never.