British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Welcome Inn (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/)
-   -   Hello all - Planning to move to Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/hello-all-planning-move-australia-726842/)

2517_Lon Jul 30th 2011 10:05 am

Hello all - Planning to move to Australia

Hi there

Just thought I'd say hello. My husband and I currently live in London but are in the process of planning our move to Australia. I thought I might join this group because my sister absolutely raved about all the help she received from members when she moved to Australia a few years ago. :thumbup:
As we are half way through our move (visas in place, etc.) I thought I might be able to help some people and vice versa.

Cheers!

Sherlock Holmes Jul 30th 2011 10:10 am

Re: Hello all

Originally Posted by 2517_Lon (Post 9527657)
Hi there

Just thought I'd say hello. My husband and I currently live in London but are in the process of planning our move to Australia. I thought I might join this group because my sister absolutely raved about all the help she received from members when she moved to Australia a few years ago. :thumbup:
As we are half way through our move (visas in place, etc.) I thought I might be able to help some people and vice versa.

Cheers!

Hi there and welcome to B.E. :)

A list of all the moderators and helpers with their relevant countries can be found here.

If you need a hand you can PM me.

Whereabouts are you thinking of moving? Maybe if you add these details, you'll get some helpful comments from people already here in the Australia forum here

Enjoy B.E. :)

Alistair.

Jerseygirl Jul 30th 2011 1:51 pm

Re: Hello all

Originally Posted by 2517_Lon (Post 9527657)
Hi there

Cheers!

Hello and welcome to BE.

Thank you for your offer of help...it is appreciated. We have a great bunch of people who post in our Australia Forums...they will give you tips and advice on life Down Under. The link I have given you will take you to the main index page of the Australia Forum...at the top of the page you will see a list of sub forums. The top forum is the Immigration Forum...the Main forum is for topics relating to Australia and The Barbie is for general chit chat. Also take a look in the BE Wiki...you'll find loads of useful info in there.

Before you begin posting please take time to read through the Site Rules and any stickied threads or announcements that may be posted at the top of each forum's index page.

Kelli28 and Alistair Boyle are the concierges for the Australia forums...so if you have any problems finding your way around our many forums please contact Kelli.

For all other concerns or problems please contact a moderator or admin. Every BE forum has at least one moderator dedicated to that forum...Australia has 4...Cresta57, Monneypenny20,, Sonlymewalter and Alfresco.

I hope you enjoy your time with us and don't forget to shout out should you require any help.

Sue Jul 30th 2011 3:04 pm

Re: Hello all - Planning to move to Australia

Hi 2517_Lon,

Welcome to BE. So pleased to have you on board :)

Rosemary Jul 31st 2011 9:35 am

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary

dreadsoc Jul 31st 2011 9:12 pm

Hi Lon

Welcome to BE from me too and hope you are finding your feet on the Australia forum.
Sounds like you have got through the most difficult bit which is getting the visa so that just leaves me to wish you good luck with your move.

Dread - x