Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Help moving to south OZ !

Help moving to south OZ !

Old Jul 31st 2011, 4:33 pm
Just Joined

philnmi will become famous soon enoughphilnmi will become famous soon enough
Default Help moving to south OZ !

hey there guys we are moving to Australia next yr on Feb for a march start with my hubby's job ..... any advice appreciated on rental homes etc we will be based in Adelaide for 12 wks then going country would appreciate yr help there are four of us two children 14yrs girl and 11yr old boy and hubby and me
Old Jul 31st 2011, 4:36 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help moving to south OZ !

Hi there and welcome to B.E.

It's my pleasant duty to welcome you to the forum and give you a point of contact should you need any help with the site. You can contact me here.

I might suggest that you repost your thread in the main Australia forum here, thats not to say that you have posted in the wrong place; quite the reverse, it helps us to find new members if they post first in the Welcome Inn.

A list of all the moderators and helpers with their relevant countries can be found here.

Any problems, dont hesitate to PM me.

Alistair.
Old Jul 31st 2011, 4:39 pm
Just Joined

thanks for that will try again
Old Jul 31st 2011, 4:40 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by philnmi
thanks for that will try again
You can copy and paste it!
Old Jul 31st 2011, 4:47 pm
Just Joined

just posted something in the section you said hope it works im not that great with this sort of thing ...
Old Jul 31st 2011, 4:48 pm
221b Baker Street

just posted something in the section you said hope it works im not that great with this sort of thing ...
Nor were any of us once.

I have replied to your new post.
Old Jul 31st 2011, 5:00 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

hey there guys we are moving to Australia next yr on Feb for a march start with my hubby's job ..... any advice appreciated on rental homes etc we will be based in Adelaide for 12 wks then going country would appreciate yr help there are four of us two children 14yrs girl and 11yr old boy and hubby and me
Hi there...welcome to BE.

I see you have reposted your questions in the Australia Forums ...I'm sure you'll get lots of tips and helpful advice from the members living in the Adelaide area. It may also be worthwhile to take a look in the BE Wiki.

Before you begin posting please take time to read through the Site Rules and any stickied threads or announcements that may be posted at the top of each forum's index page.

We have a team of concierges who will help you find your way around the many BE forums. Kelli28 and Alistair Boyle are the concierges for the Australia forums.

For all other concerns or problems please contact a moderator or admin. Every BE forum has at least one moderator dedicated to that forum...Australia has 4...Cresta57, Monneypenny20,, Sonlymewalter and Alfresco.

I hope you enjoy your time with us and don't forget to shout out should you require any help.
Old Jul 31st 2011, 5:11 pm
Just Joined

many thanks already found alistairboyle really helpful too x
Old Jul 31st 2011, 9:40 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Philnmi

Welcome to BE.
Good to see you have posted on the Australiua forum. There ar plenty of good folks there to help answer any questions you have. Don't forget to read any sticky threads - there the ones at the top titled in red.

I see you have a 14 year old girl. She may enjoy the Youth Club forum which is especially for teenage expats - I am sure she will enjoy making friends on there and she will be able to be reassured about any issues she is thinking about - and better still it's a no grown ups zone and she can make friends near her new home!
You will find the Youth Club by clicking on the 'forum index' tab on the ink bar at the top of the page. Scroll down past all the listed countries and you will eventually see it listed.

We also have forums for certain professions - also on the forum index below the lists of countries - may be worth checking out ?

That just leaves me to say good luck to you all and hope the move goes smoothly

Dread - x
Old Aug 1st 2011, 8:49 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary